shortcut for iconiced programms - Debian

This is a discussion on shortcut for iconiced programms - Debian ; Hallo list, There is an easy way to switch to programms which are in the taskbar. Simple use Alt+Tab. But I have not found out how to activate programms which are only represented as an icon, like amarok or kmail ...

  1. shortcut for iconiced programms

    Hallo list,

    There is an easy way to switch to programms which are in the taskbar. Simple
    use Alt+Tab. But I have not found out how to activate programms which are
    only represented as an icon, like amarok or kmail if they are minimiced.

    Is there a way or is this a point for the wishlist?

    Thank you, W. Mader

  2. Re: shortcut for iconiced programms

    amarok for example has a global key to do this, I think kmail also.....
    Perhaps, the isn't an universal command, because each program handles
    differently the tray icon. Remember that the tray icon was created
    initially to display notifications.

    Bye

    Wolfgang Mader ha scritto:
    > Hallo list,
    >
    > There is an easy way to switch to programms which are in the taskbar. Simple
    > use Alt+Tab. But I have not found out how to activate programms which are
    > only represented as an icon, like amarok or kmail if they are minimiced.
    >
    > Is there a way or is this a point for the wishlist?
    >
    > Thank you, W. Mader

  3. Re: shortcut for iconiced programms

    > Perhaps, the isn't an universal command, because each program handles
    > differently the tray icon. Remember that the tray icon was created
    > initially to display notifications.

    This are two good points - thank you!
    Cheers W. Mader

  4. Re: shortcut for iconiced programms

    El Martes, 11 de Julio de 2006 17:34, Wolfgang Mader escribió:
    > > Perhaps, the isn't an universal command, because each program handles
    > > differently the tray icon. Remember that the tray icon was created
    > > initially to display notifications.

    > This are two good points - thank you!
    > Cheers W. Mader

    I haven't tried with many apps, but maybe there is a kind of workaround. If
    you have a program in the tray, and you execute it again, normally, it's
    raised. And since you can execute a program with a custom shortcut (see the
    Control Center, under regional and accessibility), you can do trigger this
    shortcut, and the window will be raised.

    Greetings.

    --
    Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
    http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net

  5. Re: shortcut for iconiced programms

    Alejandro Exojo wrote:
    > I haven't tried with many apps, but maybe there is a kind of workaround.
    > If you have a program in the tray, and you execute it again, normally,
    > it's raised. And since you can execute a program with a custom shortcut
    > (see the Control Center, under regional and accessibility), you can do
    > trigger this shortcut, and the window will be raised.

    Except that many program would be run twice.

    Matěj

    http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
    23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

    His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.
    -- Mae West

  6. Re: shortcut for iconiced programms

    El Miércoles, 12 de Julio de 2006 23:57, Matej Cepl escribió:
    > Alejandro Exojo wrote:
    > > I haven't tried with many apps, but maybe there is a kind of workaround.
    > > If you have a program in the tray, and you execute it again, normally,
    > > it's raised. And since you can execute a program with a custom shortcut
    > > (see the Control Center, under regional and accessibility), you can do
    > > trigger this shortcut, and the window will be raised.

    > Except that many program would be run twice.

    Not Amarok or KMail (the ones he suggested). Most systemtray apps, are
    KUniqueApplication (maybe not all, but...).

    --
    Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
    http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net

+ Reply to Thread