KDE Auto logout / Reset - Debian

This is a discussion on KDE Auto logout / Reset - Debian ; Hi, I'm looking for a way to automatically log a user out and the reset of a kiosk based system. (am using Debian Etch) I'm looking for any pointers/suggestions on how to do this. My guess is to find the ...

  1. KDE Auto logout / Reset

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a way to automatically log a user out and the reset of
    a kiosk based system. (am using Debian Etch)

    I'm looking for any pointers/suggestions on how to do this.

    My guess is to find the trigger for the screensaver and use that plus
    a script to reset the desktop? But from previous experience, there's a
    ready make simple solution

    Thanks,

    Haga

  2. Re: KDE Auto logout / Reset

    Le dimanche 9 juillet 2006 17:45, Hagakure a écrit*:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a way to automatically log a user out and the reset of
    > a kiosk based system. (am using Debian Etch)
    >
    > I'm looking for any pointers/suggestions on how to do this.
    >
    > My guess is to find the trigger for the screensaver and use that plus
    > a script to reset the desktop? But from previous experience, there's a
    > ready make simple solution

    You may want to look at the dcop "--user" and "--session" switches
    and to the command "dcop ksmserver ksmserver logout".
    I use the following script as ACPI shutdown button handler*:
    #!/bin/sh
    # /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
    # Initiates a shutdown when the power putton has been
    # pressed.

    # If powersaved is running, let it process the acpi event
    if pidof powersaved; then
    exit 0
    fi

    if ps -Af | grep -q '[k]desktop' && test -f /usr/bin/dcop
    then
    dcop --all-sessions --all-users ksmserver ksmserver logout 0 2 0 && exit 0
    else
    /sbin/shutdown -h now "Power button pressed"
    fi

    Hope, it helps.
    Olivier