gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade - Debian

This is a discussion on gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade - Debian ; I am using debian unstable (kanotix) and I just did a dist-upgrade. Now all my gtk apps (like firefox) have crappy font settings again. It's as if the gtk2-engines-gtk-qt is no longer working properly. With firefox, it's more than just ...

  1. gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

    I am using debian unstable (kanotix) and I just did a dist-upgrade.
    Now all my gtk apps (like firefox) have crappy font settings again. It's as if
    the gtk2-engines-gtk-qt is no longer working properly.

    With firefox, it's more than just the fonts though - the layout of
    text is all strange, and lots of the text is invisible unless I run my
    mouse over it.

    Any suggestions on how to bring things back to normal?

  2. Re: gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

    On Sunday 09 July 2006 10:28 am, Alan Ezust wrote:

    > With firefox, it's more than just the fonts though - the layout of
    > text is all strange, and lots of the text is invisible unless I run my
    > mouse over it.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to bring things back to normal?

    No solutions, but I've been meaning to look into this myself for awhile. All
    my non-KDE apps look terrible. I am also using gtk2-engines-gtk-qt, so I bet
    that is indeed what's busted.

    --
    D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre ---- Silvan

    Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/

  3. Re: gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

    Alan Ezust wrote:
    > I am using debian unstable (kanotix) and I just did a dist-upgrade.
    > Now all my gtk apps (like firefox) have crappy font settings again. It's
    > as if
    > the gtk2-engines-gtk-qt is no longer working properly.
    >
    > With firefox, it's more than just the fonts though - the layout of
    > text is all strange, and lots of the text is invisible unless I run my
    > mouse over it.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to bring things back to normal?

    Hi!

    Replacing

    enableXft=false
    useXft=false

    with

    enableXft=true
    useXft=true

    in file $HOME/.qt/qtrc helped me.

  4. Re: Re: gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

    * Vic Koci [Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:26:01 +1000]:

    > Replacing

    > enableXft=false
    > useXft=false

    > with

    > enableXft=true
    > useXft=true

    > in file $HOME/.qt/qtrc helped me.

    Oooh, this did it. Thanks a lot. (Have to restart KDE.)

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    The total accumulated knowledge of all the men that ever walked the Earth
    on the topic of women can fit in the period at the end of this sentence.