Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3 - Debian

This is a discussion on Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3 - Debian ; I have seen that other people have had this problem. Unfortunately, I haven't really seen a solution. I'm running Debian Sid. When ever I try to print from any KDE program I receive the following message: An error occurred while ...

  1. Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    I have seen that other people have had this problem. Unfortunately, I
    haven't really seen a solution.

    I'm running Debian Sid. When ever I try to print from any KDE program I
    receive the following message:

    An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:

    Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
    correctly installed and running. Error: host not found.

    KDE seems to be looking for the server at: /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Rick
    --
    Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.

  2. Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    El Jueves 06 Julio 2006 04:57, Rick Friedman escribió:
    > I have seen that other people have had this problem. Unfortunately, I
    > haven't really seen a solution.
    >
    > I'm running Debian Sid. When ever I try to print from any KDE program I
    > receive the following message:
    >
    > An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:
    >
    > Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
    > correctly installed and running. Error: host not found.
    >
    > KDE seems to be looking for the server at: /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Rick

    Me too, in testing.

  3. Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg02451.html

    --
    Regards,
    Florian

  4. Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    Florian Kulzer wrote:
    > On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 22:57:57 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
    >> I have seen that other people have had this problem. Unfortunately, I
    >> haven't really seen a solution.
    >>
    >> I'm running Debian Sid. When ever I try to print from any KDE program I
    >> receive the following message:
    >>
    >> An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:
    >>
    >> Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
    >> correctly installed and running. Error: host not found.
    >>
    >> KDE seems to be looking for the server at: /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631
    >>
    >> Any help is greatly appreciated.

    > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg02451.html

    This solved the problem! Making the indicated change in
    /etc/cups/cupsd.conf was the answer. I don't know why I couldn't find
    it when I searched the archives.

    Anyway, thanks! Your help was really appreciated.

    Rick
    --
    Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.

  5. Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    El Jueves 06 Julio 2006 09:19, Florian Kulzer escribió:

    > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg02451.html

    This solution is working fine for me too.

    Thanks.

  6. Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

    i can confirm both the problem and solution on debian testing... seems
    to be a bug that has it's origins in the past week. I dist-upgrade
    regularly, and I could still print before last weekend ...