Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes - Debian

This is a discussion on Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes - Debian ; I am using Sid with Kde 3.5.3, on my Asus A6Q00Km laptop When I am watching a movie with kaffeine the screen goes blank after about five minutes and I can't seem to disable this behaviour. It is highly annoying. ...

  1. Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes

    I am using Sid with Kde 3.5.3, on my Asus A6Q00Km laptop

    When I am watching a movie with kaffeine the screen goes blank after about
    five minutes and I can't seem to disable this behaviour. It is highly
    annoying.

    I have already checked that the no screen saver is activated in KControl.

    In Devices->Screen->Power, I have enabled power save, but disabled all three
    sliders.

    What can I do to stop the screen from blanking?

    Anders

  2. Re: Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes

    What about deactivating power save?

    > In Devices->Screen->Power, I have enabled power save, but disabled all
    > three sliders.

  3. Re: Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes

    Tirsdag 27 juni 2006 21:58 skrev Anders Ellenshøj Andersen:
    > I am using Sid with Kde 3.5.3, on my Asus A6Q00Km laptop
    >
    > When I am watching a movie with kaffeine the screen goes blank after about
    > five minutes and I can't seem to disable this behaviour. It is highly
    > annoying.
    >
    > I have already checked that the no screen saver is activated in KControl.
    >
    > In Devices->Screen->Power, I have enabled power save, but disabled all
    > three sliders.

    Ahh... I found out where the problem was finally.

    I am using KPowersave and it completely overrules the KControl power save
    settings. (There could have been some kind of hint about this somewhere )

    Solution is simple. Switch to presentation profile in the kpowersave applet.

    Thanks for all your help guys. You really worked your butts off on this
    one.

    Anders

    --
    - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.2 - KMail 1.9.1 -

+ Reply to Thread