DCOP problem in konqueror? "Couldn't connect DCOP signal..." - Debian

This is a discussion on DCOP problem in konqueror? "Couldn't connect DCOP signal..." - Debian ; Hi, when right-clicking a link in konqueror sometimes a message box pops up saying: "Couldn't connect DCOP signal. Won't receive any status notifications!" This behaviour started roughly 1-2 weeks ago after some kde related packages had been upgraded. I'm using ...

  1. DCOP problem in konqueror? "Couldn't connect DCOP signal..."

    Hi,

    when right-clicking a link in konqueror sometimes a message box pops up
    saying:

    "Couldn't connect DCOP signal. Won't receive any status notifications!"

    This behaviour started roughly 1-2 weeks ago after some kde related packages
    had been upgraded. I'm using KDE 3.5.3 on Sid.

    Has anybody else seen the same issue?

    Kind regards,

    Felix

  2. Re: DCOP problem in konqueror? "Couldn't connect DCOP signal..."

    Hi,
    i had the same problem. For me it was solved by

    deleting old ~/.DCOPserver_* files

    in my home directory.
    hope that helps in your case.
    jörg

    --

    Jörg Reckers
    Rosenalle 3

    Tel: +49 40 42838 3397

  3. Re: DCOP problem in konqueror? "Couldn't connect DCOP signal..."

    Dnia poniedziałek, 26 czerwca 2006 10:29, Felix Homann napisał:
    > Hi,
    >
    > when right-clicking a link in konqueror sometimes a message box pops up
    > saying:
    >
    > "Couldn't connect DCOP signal. Won't receive any status notifications!"
    >
    > This behaviour started roughly 1-2 weeks ago after some kde related
    > packages had been upgraded. I'm using KDE 3.5.3 on Sid.
    >
    > Has anybody else seen the same issue?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Felix

    IIRC it was caused by kdesvn. After its removal I don't suffer from the issue
    any more.

    Regards,
    Robert

    CIEPŁE KRAJE - CIEPŁE MORZA. Szukasz atrakcyjnego wypoczynku w przystępnej cenie, zapoznaj się z nasz± ofert±.
    ZAPRASZAMY

    www.skarpatravel.pl

+ Reply to Thread