Shortcut for directory in File Open/Save dialog? - Debian

This is a discussion on Shortcut for directory in File Open/Save dialog? - Debian ; Hi, I know this is really stupid question and I will probably show my imbecility for asking this, but what is the shortcut in the File Open/Save dialog for switching cursor to the directory feed (the one on the top)? ...

  1. Shortcut for directory in File Open/Save dialog?

    Hi,

    I know this is really stupid question and I will probably show my imbecility
    for asking this, but what is the shortcut in the File Open/Save dialog for
    switching cursor to the directory feed (the one on the top)? I really
    cannot find it anywhere.

    Thanks,

    Matej
    http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
    23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

    He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up.
    -- Paul Keating

  2. Re: Shortcut for directory in File Open/Save dialog?

    Didier Raboud wrote:
    > Actually, there is no direct link, but the following should workÂ*:
    >
    > [Shift]-[Tab] (going back from filename form)
    > [Left] (or any of the direction arrows)

    Thanks for the kick in the right direction -- what I really wanted was what
    I get with three [Shift]+[TAB]s (i.e., to get really to the top).

    Thanks,

    Matej

    http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
    23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

    But if we find we have left our bones to bleach in these desert
    sands for nothing, beware the fury of the legions...
    -- Centurion in a letter home from North Africa
    3rd Century