Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian ; On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 13:10:14 -0500, Leonard Chatagnier wrote: > > Fathi Wrote: > > >a bit out of topic: > > > > >x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players > > >conflict. Previously, ...

  1. Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    --
    Regards,
    Florian

    Thanks.

    Leonard Chatagnier

  2. Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 16:05:41 -0500, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

    [...]

    > Florian Kulzer wrote:
    > > Did you have a look already at mozilla-plugin-vlc? It worked reasonably
    > > well for me when I was still using mozilla.

    > Yes, I have all the plugins installed but will check again to be sure.
    > Guess what, aptitude said not installed. Went to install again and
    > etch had 3 grave bugs and sid has a dependency on libsysfs1 for
    > mozilla-plugin-vlc. Can't install libsysfs1 from sid unless it's in
    > the new mirror honk which I can't get a gpg key to install using the
    > instructions you gave me for marrilat a few days back. tried
    > everything from just honk to the complete http;// address. Any
    > suggestions?

    I think you are mixing up Sarge/Etch/Sid:

    Sarge (stable) has mozilla-plugin-vlc version 0.8.1.svn20050314-1sarge1
    and libsysfs1 version 1.3.0-7.

    Etch (testing) has libsysfs2 (2.0.0-6) and currently no version of
    mozilla-plugin-vlc available.

    Sid (unstable) has mozilla-plugin-vlc (0.8.5.debian-2) and libsysfs2
    (2.0.0-7). I have this combination installed and I have not noticed any
    problems with it. I also don't find any grave bugs listed for it. Maybe
    you could post your /etc/apt/sources.list and the output of "apt-cache
    policy mozilla-plugin-vlc" so that it is clear which version you are
    trying to install.

    As far as the "new mirror honk" is concerned: I have never heard of it.
    If it is a normal Debian mirror then the normal Debian archive signing
    key should be enough. If it provides additional packages then it also
    should provide the signing key(s) for those. What is the URL of this
    mirror?

    --
    Regards,
    Florian