Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian ; Fathi Wrote: > a bit out of topic: > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which > are the recommended media players for kde. > ...

  1. Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    Fathi Wrote:
    > a bit out of topic:

    > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
    > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which
    > are the recommended media players for kde.

    > cheers,

    > Fathi

    I have installed, and just recently aptitude reinstalled, all three packages
    mentioned above and the problem still exists. Also have a couple of posts on
    Debian Users and KDE lists with no resolution. All actions mentioned in my
    post were made after the reinstall and prior to this post. Done a lot of
    Googling but haven't found a solution that works for me. I have been able to
    play videos with firefox(using kmplayer) and konqueror(using kaffeine) but not
    with the Mozilla browser. Any help/suggestions to get Mozilla to play video files
    are most welcome and needed as I have exhausted my abilities.
    Thanks for any help,

    Leonard Chatagnier

  2. Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 13:10:14 -0500, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
    > Fathi Wrote:
    > >a bit out of topic:

    > >x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
    > >conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which
    > >are the recommended media players for kde.

    > >cheers,

    > >Fathi

    > I have installed, and just recently aptitude reinstalled, all three packages
    > mentioned above and the problem still exists. Also have a couple of posts on
    > Debian Users and KDE lists with no resolution. All actions mentioned in my
    > post were made after the reinstall and prior to this post. Done a lot of
    > Googling but haven't found a solution that works for me. I have been able to
    > play videos with firefox(using kmplayer) and konqueror(using kaffeine) but
    > not
    > with the Mozilla browser. Any help/suggestions to get Mozilla to play video
    > files
    > are most welcome and needed as I have exhausted my abilities.
    > Thanks for any help,

    Did you have a look already at mozilla-plugin-vlc? It worked reasonably
    well for me when I was still using mozilla.

    --
    Regards,
    Florian