Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream - Debian ; Fathi Wrote Excuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request copying my email.) > a bit out of topic: > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both ...

  1. Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    Fathi WroteExcuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request copying
    my email.)

    > a bit out of topic:

    > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
    > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which
    > are the recommended media players for kde.

    > cheers,

    > Fathi

    Thanks for the reply. Not getting anything from the users list as they are
    flaming over "how to reply to list"
    OK, I have all three packages listed above installed under Sid. As a matter of fact
    they have all been reinstalled with aptitude and everything mentioned in my post are
    still with me. got any ideas how I might get internet video files to play using Mozilla
    browser in kde. I have googled quite a bit and find no solution that works for me. Any
    help of any kind is most appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Leonard Chatagnier

  2. Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

    2006. június 23. 19:17,
    Leonard Chatagnier
    -> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
    > Fathi WroteExcuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request
    > copying my email.)
    >
    > > a bit out of topic:
    > >
    > > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
    > > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer,
    > > which are the recommended media players for kde.
    > >
    > > cheers,
    > >
    > > Fathi

    > Thanks for the reply. Not getting anything from the users list as they are
    > flaming over "how to reply to list"
    > OK, I have all three packages listed above installed under Sid. As a matter
    > of fact they have all been reinstalled with aptitude and everything
    > mentioned in my post are still with me. got any ideas how I might get
    > internet video files to play using Mozilla browser in kde. I have googled
    > quite a bit and find no solution that works for me. Any help of any kind is
    > most appreciated.

    If you want to play video files embedded into Firefox or Mozilla (or
    Netscape then you should try out the 'mplayerplug-in' [1] mozilla plugin.
    If you don't need the embedding, then after downloading (even a wmv or ra
    playlist file) you can play those with mplayer.

    Daniel

    [1] - http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

    --
    LeVA