kile 1.9 packaging - Debian

This is a discussion on kile 1.9 packaging - Debian ; Hi, anyone knows why kile 1.9 hasn't ezbeen packaged 3 months after release? Are there any plans for anytime soons? best regards, rafael rodrígu...

  1. kile 1.9 packaging

    Hi,

    anyone knows why kile 1.9 hasn't ezbeen packaged 3 months after release? Are
    there any plans for anytime soons?

    best regards,

    rafael rodrígu

  2. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 08:46:20 +0200, Rafael Rodríguez wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > anyone knows why kile 1.9 hasn't ezbeen packaged 3 months after release? Are
    > there any plans for anytime soons?

    There is already a wishlist bug for this, 90 days old:

    I think the problem is that the Debian-KDE team does not have enough
    members for all the work they have to do. The maintainer of the Kile
    package is responsible for many other packages as well:

    $ aptitude search '~mBen\sBurton' | wc -l
    182

    --
    Regards,
    Florian

  3. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    Dnia pi±tek 23 czerwca 2006 10:23, Florian Kulzer napisa³:

    > There is already a wishlist bug for this, 90 days old:

    > I think the problem is that the Debian-KDE team does not have enough
    > members for all the work they have to do. The maintainer of the Kile
    > package is responsible for many other packages as well:
    >
    > $ aptitude search '~mBen\sBurton' | wc -l
    > 182

    So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

    --
    Szymon K. Janc
    szymon#janc.int.pl // GG: 1383435

  4. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    Le vendredi 23 juin 2006 14:06, Szymon Janc a écrit :
    > So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

    someone asked ben ? we can prepare a NMU with ben agreement.

    cheers,

    Fathi

  5. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    > I remember him wanting to give kile to the team. I'm not 100% sure
    > it's the package he talked about. maybe someone could step up and ask ?

    Yep, that was the one.

    TIA for looking after it,

    Ben.

  6. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 03:32:21PM +0200, Fathi Boudra wrote:
    > Le vendredi 23 juin 2006 14:06, Szymon Janc a écrit :
    > > So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

    > someone asked ben ? we can prepare a NMU with ben agreement.

    I remember him wanting to give kile to the team. I'm not 100% sure
    it's the package he talked about. maybe someone could step up and ask ?

    collaborative maintenance in the KDE-extra team is very welcomed.
    --
    ·O· Pierre Habouzit
    ··O madcoder@debian.org

  7. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    I was able to compile the source code from soucerforge, but I never read the
    documentation about create a package .deb,
    so, i try to use checkinstall but I get problems to install the .deb obtained.

    To compile i have used only the kdebase-dev, qt3-tools-devel and the automake.
    i will start to test this compilation now, I will report problems for the list
    and to the responsible for the kile.

    If someone wants do the same...

    thanks

    Em Sexta 23 Junho 2006 09:06, Szymon Janc escreveu:
    > Dnia pi±tek 23 czerwca 2006 10:23, Florian Kulzer napisa³:
    > > There is already a wishlist bug for this, 90 days old:

    > > I think the problem is that the Debian-KDE team does not have enough
    > > members for all the work they have to do. The maintainer of the Kile
    > > package is responsible for many other packages as well:
    > >
    > > $ aptitude search '~mBen\sBurton' | wc -l
    > > 182

    > So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

  8. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    Le vendredi 23 juin 2006 16:45, Maicon Saul Faria a écrit :
    > I was able to compile the source code from soucerforge, but I never read
    > the documentation about create a package .deb,
    > so, i try to use checkinstall but I get problems to install the .deb
    > obtained.
    >
    > To compile i have used only the kdebase-dev, qt3-tools-devel and the
    > automake. i will start to test this compilation now, I will report problems
    > for the list and to the responsible for the kile.
    >
    > If someone wants do the same...

    hi,

    ben gives his agreement, i'll add kile to kde-extras maintainance. i'm
    planning to update the package during the week.

    cheers,

    Fathi

  9. Re: kile 1.9 packaging

    El Viernes, 23 de Junio de 2006 14:06, Szymon Janc escribió:
    > Dnia pi±tek 23 czerwca 2006 10:23, Florian Kulzer napisa³:
    > > There is already a wishlist bug for this, 90 days old:

    > > I think the problem is that the Debian-KDE team does not have enough
    > > members for all the work they have to do. The maintainer of the Kile
    > > package is responsible for many other packages as well:
    > >
    > > $ aptitude search '~mBen\sBurton' | wc -l
    > > 182

    > So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

    You don't need to be a Debian Developer to maintain packages in the archive.
    You can be maintainer of a package, and do all the stuff a DD does, except
    for uploading it to the archive. This latest step, is done by a DD which
    agreed to sponsor you, this is checking if the packaging is well done, and
    upload it signed to the archive.

    http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
    http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/de...ntors_FAQ.html

    --