amarok-gstreamer missing in action? - Debian

This is a discussion on amarok-gstreamer missing in action? - Debian ; Hello list, Since some time amarok-gstreamer seems to be missing from the amarok distribution in debian sid. Will this still be uploaded, or is it replaced by something else? Thanks, Jan -- "Nominal fee". What an ugly sentence. It's one ...

  1. amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    --
    "Nominal fee". What an ugly sentence. It's one of those things that
    implies that if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

  2. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    On Thursday 01 June 2006 08:59, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
    > Le Jeu 1 Juin 2006 08:55, Jan De Luyck a écrit :
    > > Hello list,
    > >
    > > Since some time amarok-gstreamer seems to be missing from the amarok
    > > distribution in debian sid. Will this still be uploaded, or is it
    > > replaced by something else?

    > please read the changelog.

    Will do. Unfortunately, the only way I currently know to get at the changelog
    is:

    1. downloading the packages, extracting it with dpkg -x and then reading it
    2. installing the package with apt-listchanges installed

    Is there another way to get at them?

    --
    Ué, ó droga, gordo eu?
    -- palíndromo

  3. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    On 2006-06-01, Jan De Luyck wrote:
    > Is there another way to get at them?

    The entries can at least be read at packages.qa.debian.org:
    http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/amar...5T000211Z.html

    /Sune

  4. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    http://packages.debian.org/changelog...changelog.html
    --
    ·O· Pierre Habouzit
    ··O madcoder@debian.org

  5. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    > Will do. Unfortunately, the only way I currently know to get at the
    > changelog is:
    >
    > 1. downloading the packages, extracting it with dpkg -x and then reading it
    > 2. installing the package with apt-listchanges installed
    >
    > Is there another way to get at them?

    aptitude changelog amarok

  6. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    2006 m. birþelis 1 d., ketvirtadienis 10:11, Jan De Luyck raðë:
    > 1. downloading the packages, extracting it with dpkg -x and then reading it
    > 2. installing the package with apt-listchanges installed

    3. Having the package installed, /usr/share/doc//changelog.Debian.gz

  7. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    On Thursday 01 June 2006 00:22, Fathi Boudra wrote:
    > > Is there another way to get at them?

    > aptitude changelog amarok

    Alternately, if you use aptitude in visual mode, press 'Shift-C' with the
    package selected.

    --
    Jeffrey M. Smith
    Jabber: jeffsmith@jabber.org

    Overfiend's First Law of Package Quality: If the
    maintainer likes to spell part or all of his name in
    CAPS, the package will suck.

  8. Re: amarok-gstreamer missing in action?

    On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 09:11:09AM +0200, Jan De Luyck wrote:

    > Will do. Unfortunately, the only way I currently know to get at the changelog
    > is:
    >
    > 1. downloading the packages, extracting it with dpkg -x and then reading it
    > 2. installing the package with apt-listchanges installed
    >
    > Is there another way to get at them?

    No need to install if you're online - with Konqueror you can use the
    shortcut deb:amarok-gstreamer which will take you to the Debian package
    search results. There you see the link for unstable, and at the bottom
    of http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...arok-gstreamer is a link
    to the Changelog.

    Nick