Re: no sound after routine upgrade - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: no sound after routine upgrade - Debian ; On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:47, Sylvain Joyeux wrote: > it looks like the latest libasound2 broke arts. Just downgrade to the > version in testing. > -- > Sylvain Joyeux Is it safe to upgrade libasound2 yet? Or will ...

  1. Re: no sound after routine upgrade

    On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:47, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
    > it looks like the latest libasound2 broke arts. Just downgrade to the
    > version in testing.
    > --
    > Sylvain Joyeux

    Is it safe to upgrade libasound2 yet? Or will it still break arts?

    Tim

  2. Re: no sound after routine upgrade

    Hello,

    I had the same problem, but yesterdays libasound2 update fixed the problem.
    It wasn't aRts fault, but rather broken sound card detect code I think
    (something about cannot open hw:1.. don't recall the exact message.. sorry).
    But the new libasound2 in unstable (i386 definitely, maybe other arches are
    still awaiting a build??) fixed things here for me. I get sound in Kopete
    again

    Lawrence

    On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:47, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
    > it looks like the latest libasound2 broke arts. Just downgrade to the
    > version in testing.
    > --
    > Sylvain Joyeux

    Is it safe to upgrade libasound2 yet? Or will it still break arts?

    Tim

  3. Re: no sound after routine upgrade

    Tim Folger wrote:
    > Is it safe to upgrade libasound2 yet? Or will it still break arts?

    libasound2 1.0.11-7 is safe (currently in unstable).

    Matej

    http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
    23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

    A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of
    thinking.