icons on desktop - Debian

This is a discussion on icons on desktop - Debian ; I do "align the icons horizontally". And it does. But when I restart KDE, it has forgotten the room (location?) they should be. I made grep on .kde/ but I haven't find things that would be the icons locations. Is ...

  1. icons on desktop

    I do "align the icons horizontally". And it does.

    But when I restart KDE, it has forgotten the room (location?)
    they should be.

    I made grep on .kde/ but I haven't find things that would be
    the icons locations. Is there such a file?

    Christophe

  2. Re: icons on desktop

    On Wednesday 10 May 2006 6:33 am, Baron Christophe wrote:

    > But when I restart KDE, it has forgotten the room (location?)
    > they should be.
    >
    > I made grep on .kde/ but I haven't find things that would be
    > the icons locations. Is there such a file?

    Interesting quest. It looks like several different files have done this job
    over the years, and all of my old ones since 2001 are still lingering around.

    I think the correct current modern file is

    ~/.kde/share/apps/kdesktop/IconPositions

    --
    D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre ---- Silvan

    Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/