How to find dependencies - Debian

This is a discussion on How to find dependencies - Debian ; Hi to all I am building my first debian . I have some doubts; How can i find the dependencies for a package ? Is there any "hack" ? If any what is that and how I will use that ...

  1. How to find dependencies

    Hi
    to all
    I am building my first debian . I have some doubts;

    How can i find the dependencies for a package ? Is there
    any "hack" ? If any what is that and how I will use that one .

    How the command "objdump" will helpful to find any dependencies.

    can any body help me to resolve my problem . All help will
    be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks

  2. Re: How to find dependencies

    Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 10:48 schrieb Niranjan Nayak:
    > Hi
    > to all
    > I am building my first debian . I have some doubts;
    >
    > How can i find the dependencies for a package ? Is there
    > any "hack" ? If any what is that and how I will use that one .
    >
    > How the command "objdump" will helpful to find any dependencies.
    >
    > can any body help me to resolve my problem . All help will
    > be greatly appreciated .

    You might want to start by asking the right list for such questions. This list
    is about KDE in Debian, not about doing any packaging.

    HS

  3. Re: How to find dependencies

    Hendrik Sattler wrote:

    >Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 10:48 schrieb Niranjan Nayak:
    >

    >>Hi
    >> to all
    >> I am building my first debian . I have some doubts;
    >>
    >> How can i find the dependencies for a package ? Is there
    >> any "hack" ? If any what is that and how I will use that one .
    >>
    >> How the command "objdump" will helpful to find any dependencies.
    >>
    >> can any body help me to resolve my problem . All help will
    >> be greatly appreciated .
    >>

    >You might want to start by asking the right list for such questions. This list
    >is about KDE in Debian, not about doing any packaging.
    >
    >HS

    Instead of just telling the OP that debian-kde is the wrong list to post
    such question, I prefer to suggest the appropriate mailing list for such
    questions.

    The above question is more appropriate on debian-user mailing list.
    (Un)Subscribing instructions to that list can be found at

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

    hth
    raju

    --