How do I install KDE 3.5.1 - Debian

This is a discussion on How do I install KDE 3.5.1 - Debian ; This is probably pretty obvious, but I don't know: how do I install KDE 3.5.1 on Etch for i386?...

  1. How do I install KDE 3.5.1

    This is probably pretty obvious, but I don't know: how do I install
    KDE 3.5.1 on Etch for i386?

  2. Re: How do I install KDE 3.5.1

    Hi Allan,

    The KDE version in etch is 3.4.3.
    You will have to update your sources.list.
    Either use a mixed etch/sid setup, apt-pinning kde to the one from
    unstable (3.5.1) or you'll have to find a repository with kde 3.5.1
    built for etch. Another option is to build from source (apt-get source
    kde from unstable).

    Serge