Keyboard settings - Debian

This is a discussion on Keyboard settings - Debian ; Hi, After i upgraded from kde 3.5.0-3 to 3.5.1-1 my keyboard setting did'nt work anymore. I checked "Regional & Accessibility" -> "Keyboard Layout" in kcontrol, and nothing was selected .because the "keyboard model" pulldown is empty. Does anyone know how ...

  1. Keyboard settings

    Hi,

    After i upgraded from kde 3.5.0-3 to 3.5.1-1 my keyboard setting did'nt work
    anymore. I checked "Regional & Accessibility" -> "Keyboard Layout" in
    kcontrol, and nothing was selected .because the "keyboard model" pulldown is
    empty. Does anyone know how i kan add the keyboards back again ?

    --
    Regards,
    Ferdinand

  2. Re: Keyboard settings

    Hi,

    > After i upgraded from kde 3.5.0-3 to 3.5.1-1 my keyboard setting did'nt
    > work anymore. I checked "Regional & Accessibility" -> "Keyboard Layout" in
    > kcontrol, and nothing was selected .because the "keyboard model" pulldown
    > is empty. Does anyone know how i kan add the keyboards back again ?

    After some google searching, i found that KDE is using the keymaps/rules of
    xorg. That seems fine.

    $ kxkb
    Qt: Locales not supported on X server
    $

    This looks strange, on google some people suggest LC_ALL is wrong, but i
    did'nt have that value set, and if i set it to something is still complains
    about the Locales. (tried ln_NL and C)

    Am i the onlyone with this problem ?

    --
    Mvg,