Tellico - Debian

This is a discussion on Tellico - Debian ; Hi, I'm using tellico 1.0.3 - SVN rev. 327 with KDE 3.5.0 (debian unstable). I'm currently having some troubles when importing Audio CD Data. If I import data for two CD's consequently, the second one is getting blocked inside the ...

  1. Tellico

    Hi,

    I'm using tellico 1.0.3 - SVN rev. 327 with KDE 3.5.0 (debian unstable).
    I'm currently having some troubles when importing Audio CD Data.
    If I import data for two CD's consequently, the second one is getting blocked
    inside the drive. I can't eject it.
    I checked with fuser which processes are blocking the drive. Only tellico has
    a reference to it. I have to restart tellico to get my cd out of the drive.

    I would like to know if someone has the same issue or if someone has an idea
    of what could be wrong. I already contacted the tellico developper but he
    didn't manage to reproduce my problem.

    Probably something changed in libkcddb that drives to this situation ? I don't
    know. Any ideas are welcome )

    Please, let me know if you need more info.

    Regards,

    Fred.

  2. Re: Tellico

    Fred wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using tellico 1.0.3 - SVN rev. 327 with KDE 3.5.0 (debian unstable).
    > I'm currently having some troubles when importing Audio CD Data.
    > If I import data for two CD's consequently, the second one is getting blocked
    > inside the drive. I can't eject it.
    > I checked with fuser which processes are blocking the drive. Only tellico has
    > a reference to it. I have to restart tellico to get my cd out of the drive.
    >
    > I would like to know if someone has the same issue or if someone has an idea
    > of what could be wrong. I already contacted the tellico developper but he
    > didn't manage to reproduce my problem.
    >
    > Probably something changed in libkcddb that drives to this situation ? I don't
    > know. Any ideas are welcome )

    I do not use tellico, but I have similar problems with KAudioCreator. I,
    too, was never successful with fuser, but I have found that
    lsof -w | grep "/media/hdc"
    is more helpful to find the responsible process.
    (Replace "/media/hdc" if you use a different mount point for your CD
    drive.)
    In my case it turned out that it is always an instance of kio_audio
    which blocks the drive, so now I just use "pkill kio_audio" when the
    drive gets blocked. This does not interfere with the KAudioCreator main
    process. Maybe something like this also works for tellico.

    Regards,
    Florian

  3. Re: Tellico

    On Saturday 04 February 2006 21:47, Florian Kulzer wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm using tellico 1.0.3 - SVN rev. 327 with KDE 3.5.0 (debian unstable).
    > > I'm currently having some troubles when importing Audio CD Data.
    > > If I import data for two CD's consequently, the second one is getting
    > > blocked inside the drive. I can't eject it.
    > > I checked with fuser which processes are blocking the drive. Only tellico
    > > has a reference to it. I have to restart tellico to get my cd out of the
    > > drive.
    > >
    > > I would like to know if someone has the same issue or if someone has an
    > > idea of what could be wrong. I already contacted the tellico developper
    > > but he didn't manage to reproduce my problem.
    > >
    > > Probably something changed in libkcddb that drives to this situation ? I
    > > don't know. Any ideas are welcome )

    > I do not use tellico, but I have similar problems with KAudioCreator. I,
    > too, was never successful with fuser, but I have found that
    > lsof -w | grep "/media/hdc"
    > is more helpful to find the responsible process.
    > (Replace "/media/hdc" if you use a different mount point for your CD
    > drive.)
    > In my case it turned out that it is always an instance of kio_audio
    > which blocks the drive, so now I just use "pkill kio_audio" when the
    > drive gets blocked. This does not interfere with the KAudioCreator main
    > process. Maybe something like this also works for tellico.

    Yes, indeed, at the beginning, there were 2 processes: kio_audio and tellico.
    But I changed my config and only tellico process is locking the drive now.
    But ok, recently, tellico developpers found a potential bug in the code which
    is now corrected in the svn tree I will test it and see if everything is
    ok now

    Thanx for your support !

    Fred.