how to set a screen resolution - Debian

This is a discussion on how to set a screen resolution - Debian ; Hi! With KDE (3.5 for me) I can adjust the screen and my desktop resolution like 800x600 or 1024x768. But this is not the same as with CTRL+ALT+Kp_add or Kp_Subtract, because with this method, I must scroll with my mouse ...

  1. how to set a screen resolution

    Hi!

    With KDE (3.5 for me) I can adjust the screen and my desktop resolution like
    800x600 or 1024x768. But this is not the same as with CTRL+ALT+Kp_add or
    Kp_Subtract, because with this method, I must scroll with my mouse cursor
    thru my desktop, and my screen stays at it's original resolution, and a
    virtual resolution gets applied with that key combination. So how is KDE
    doing this, and how can I do this without KDE (like with a command or
    something)?

    Thanks!

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA

  2. Re: how to set a screen resolution

    On Sunday 29 January 2006 20:55, LeVA wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > With KDE (3.5 for me) I can adjust the screen and my desktop resolution
    > like 800x600 or 1024x768. But this is not the same as with CTRL+ALT+Kp_add
    > or Kp_Subtract, because with this method, I must scroll with my mouse
    > cursor thru my desktop, and my screen stays at it's original resolution,
    > and a virtual resolution gets applied with that key combination. So how is
    > KDE doing this, and how can I do this without KDE (like with a command or
    > something)?

    KDE uses the xrandr extenstion of the Xserver for this. You can do this
    without KDE tools using the xrandr tool (package xbase-clients)

    Cheers,
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread