Window mini-icon (kwin) - Debian

This is a discussion on Window mini-icon (kwin) - Debian ; This is probably a silly (read obvious) question, but how does one change or specify the mini-icon of windows kwin only uses the generic X for? I've Googled and read some KDE docs, but I've not figured out the answer. ...

  1. Window mini-icon (kwin)

    This is probably a silly (read obvious) question, but how does one change
    or specify the mini-icon of windows kwin only uses the generic X for?
    I've Googled and read some KDE docs, but I've not figured out the
    answer. I use several apps, Mutt in a xterm and xfte that I would like
    to use their icons on their respective windows.

    Ideas?

    - Nate >>

    --
    Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB | Successfully Microsoft
    Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @ | free since January 1998.

  2. Re: Window mini-icon (kwin)

    On Saturday 28 January 2006 10:19 am, Nate Bargmann wrote:
    > This is probably a silly (read obvious) question, but how does one change
    > or specify the mini-icon of windows kwin only uses the generic X for?
    > I've Googled and read some KDE docs, but I've not figured out the
    > answer. I use several apps, Mutt in a xterm and xfte that I would like
    > to use their icons on their respective windows.
    >
    > Ideas?

    None that worked. It's not as obvious as it seems.

    --
    D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre ---- Silvan

    Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/

  3. Re: Window mini-icon (kwin)

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Nate Bargmann wrote:

    > This is probably a silly (read obvious) question, but how does one change
    > or specify the mini-icon of windows kwin only uses the generic X for?
    > I've Googled and read some KDE docs, but I've not figured out the
    > answer. I use several apps, Mutt in a xterm and xfte that I would like
    > to use their icons on their respective windows.
    >
    > Ideas?

    Compare the infrastructure (menu templates, .desktop files, etc.) used
    by a programs which `work' and those which don't... look for missing
    lines and/or patterns of use.

    e.g.: Icon=kate vs. Icon=/some/path/to/icon.format

    The more the app looks like a KDE app, the more likely it is that KDE
    will display it the same as a native app.

    Don't forget to file wishlist bugs with "patches" against those
    packages you get to work properly.

    - Bruce