How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE? - Debian

This is a discussion on How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE? - Debian ; I'm running KDE 3.5 in Debian Sid. A few days ago I'd found a setting that read something like "Hovering over icons automatically selects them" and I checked it. A day later I realized this was very annoying and wanted ...

  1. How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE?

    I'm running KDE 3.5 in Debian Sid.

    A few days ago I'd found a setting that read something like "Hovering
    over icons automatically selects them" and I checked it.

    A day later I realized this was very annoying and wanted to turn it off.
    Not only does it auto-select icons, it auto-selects items in a list as
    well (e.g. the lists in Kcontrol (be they text lists or icon lists).

    But try as I might, I can't remember where I found the setting in the
    first place. I've looked in the "logical" places in Kcontrol such as...

    Appearances & Themes -->"Icons"
    Desktop --> "Behavior"
    Desktop --> "Window Behavior"
    KDE Components --> "File Manager"

    After having gone through those over and over, I went through everything
    in Kcontrol in case I'd somehow overlooked something.

    Obviously, I have or you'd not be reading this. But for the life of me
    I can't figure out what I'm overlooking.

    This question seems downright stupid (after all I first used KDE back in
    1998) but I'm grasping at straws here.

    S0 then, where do I turn this back off? :-)

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    --
    Scott
    www.angrykeyboarder.com

  2. Re: How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE?

    Scott wrote:

    > I'm running KDE 3.5 in Debian Sid.
    >
    > A few days ago I'd found a setting that read something like "Hovering
    > over icons automatically selects them" and I checked it.
    >
    > A day later I realized this was very annoying and wanted to turn it
    > off. Not only does it auto-select icons, it auto-selects items in a
    > list as well (e.g. the lists in Kcontrol (be they text lists or icon
    > lists).
    >
    > But try as I might, I can't remember where I found the setting in the
    > first place. I've looked in the "logical" places in Kcontrol such as...
    >
    > Appearances & Themes -->"Icons"
    > Desktop --> "Behavior"
    > Desktop --> "Window Behavior"
    > KDE Components --> "File Manager"
    >
    > After having gone through those over and over, I went through
    > everything in Kcontrol in case I'd somehow overlooked something.
    >
    > Obviously, I have or you'd not be reading this. But for the life of
    > me I can't figure out what I'm overlooking.
    >
    > This question seems downright stupid (after all I first used KDE back
    > in 1998) but I'm grasping at straws here.
    >
    > S0 then, where do I turn this back off? :-)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Regards,

    Peripherals --> Mouse... did the same thing myself....

    --
    Blessings

    Wulfmann

    Wulf Credo:

  3. Re: How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE? (SOLVED!)

    Wulfy wrote:

    > Peripherals --> Mouse... did the same thing myself....

    LOL

    Thank you! :-)

    --
    Scott
    www.angrykeyboarder.com
    © 2006 angrykeyboarder™ & Elmer Fudd. All Wights Wesewved

  4. Re: How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE? (SOLVED!)

    Scott wrote:
    > Wulfy wrote:
    >
    >> Peripherals --> Mouse... did the same thing myself....

    ^^^^^

    > LOL

    www.angrykeyboarder.com
    © 2006 angrykeyboarder™ & Elmer Fudd. All Wights Wesewved

    ROFLOL

    Johannes