Unble to fully install KDE - Debian

This is a discussion on Unble to fully install KDE - Debian ; I ran apt-get iinstall kde, system began downloading and then uncompressing files and then installing them up to the point of "setting up kde (44) ... " then imediately goes to logon prompt. I reinstalled from the debian dvd set ...

  1. Unble to fully install KDE

    I ran apt-get iinstall kde, system began downloading and then uncompressing files and then installing them up to the point
    of "setting up kde (44) ... " then imediately goes to logon prompt. I reinstalled from the debian dvd set and the same thing happened again. I am running an AMD 1G T-bird with VIA chipsets.

  2. Re: Unble to fully install KDE

    On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:41:31 -0500, Hal Smith wrote:

    > ... then imediately goes to logon prompt

    erm ... is that a _bad_ thing, then ?

    What kind of logon prompt ? Shell, or KDE ?
    (Or do you mean "crashes and reboots" ?)

    KDE logon prompt would be about right

    Nick Boyce
    Bristol, UK

    --
    You are in a maze of twisty political parties, all alike.