javaapplet kills my konqueror and kwin - Debian

This is a discussion on javaapplet kills my konqueror and kwin - Debian ; Hi, I'm playing around with "Jeti", a jabber InstantMessenger client as java applet. Sometimes it creates unlimited error-message windows, which results in a konqueror or kwin crash. So why? Shouldn't there be a protection? (I remeber it was even possible ...

  1. javaapplet kills my konqueror and kwin

    Hi,

    I'm playing around with "Jeti", a jabber InstantMessenger client as java
    applet.

    Sometimes it creates unlimited error-message windows, which results in a
    konqueror or kwin crash.

    So why? Shouldn't there be a protection? (I remeber it was even possible
    with javascript to deadlock the browser, haven't tried it out recently).

    Is there something to configure, I missed?

    JT

  2. Re: javaapplet kills my konqueror and kwin

    On Monday 23 January 2006 14:41, Jan Torben Heuer wrote:

    > I'm playing around with "Jeti", a jabber InstantMessenger client as java
    > applet.

    Why not use a real client like Psi instead?

    --
    Paul Johnson
    Jabber: Because it's time to move forward http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber

  3. Re: javaapplet kills my konqueror and kwin

    Hello,

    Am Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006 02:04 schrieb Paul Johnson:
    > On Monday 23 January 2006 14:41, Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
    > > I'm playing around with "Jeti", a jabber InstantMessenger client as java
    > > applet.

    > Why not use a real client like Psi instead?

    Imho you miss the point completely.
    There is a rather usual DoS-exploit in Konqueror - and you recommend to use an
    another IM client.

    @Jan Torben.
    It'd be nice, to file a bug report with sec-flag set, try to set up a
    environment in wich you can reproduce the error easily (i.e. write some proof
    of concept Java Code if you can) and help some maintainer to solve this.

    Keep smiling
    yanosz