twofer: wallpaper and KDE for etch - Debian

This is a discussion on twofer: wallpaper and KDE for etch - Debian ; At work I like to get the wallpaper from worldstart.com. Is it possible to use this wallpaper for Windows in KDE and GNOME? I'm running KDE 3.3.2 on this sarge box. On a new box I installed Debian GNU/Linux etch ...

  1. twofer: wallpaper and KDE for etch

    At work I like to get the wallpaper from worldstart.com. Is it
    possible to use this wallpaper for Windows in KDE and GNOME?

    I'm running KDE 3.3.2 on this sarge box.

    On a new box I installed Debian GNU/Linux etch with the beta network
    CDROM (got kernel 2.6.12). GNOME got installed, which is okay, I
    guess. But I also tried to install KDE. Have there been any recent
    predictions on when etch will have a full KDE installation? I noticed
    that aptitude held back some packages during the installation although I
    used aptitude install kde in an attempt to get whatever packages were
    available.

    Speculation welcome!
    --
    (Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless, http://counter.li.org/, No. 365760.
    Linux Gcomm 2.6.12-1-686 #1 Fri Jun 24 12:17:14 CEST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

  2. Re: twofer: wallpaper and KDE for etch

    Gayle Lee Fairless schrieb:
    > At work I like to get the wallpaper from worldstart.com. Is it
    > possible to use this wallpaper for Windows in KDE and GNOME?

    Yes. Just download it at the proper resolution for your screen. In KDE
    you can install the wallpaper (unfortunately on all desktops) simply by
    dragging it to the desktop and choosing "use as wallpaper" (WTTE) in the
    context menu.

    Theo Schmidt