(none) - Debian

This is a discussion on (none) - Debian ; Hi all, I recently reinstalled Debian Sid on my Athlon XP machine, with KDE 3.5. The problem is I can't launch KDE : it freezes and gets back to KDM as soon as it starts displaying "initializing hardware" ... Is ...

  1. (none)

    Hi all,

    I recently reinstalled Debian Sid on my Athlon XP machine, with KDE
    3.5. The problem is I can't launch KDE : it freezes and gets back to
    KDM as soon as it starts displaying "initializing hardware" ... Is
    there a log file I can have a look at ? Is it a KDE or udev/hotplug
    problem ?

    Thanks in advance,

    ElVirolo

  2. Re:

    On Tuesday, 17 January 2006 19:36, El Virolo wrote:
    > I recently reinstalled Debian Sid on my Athlon XP machine, with KDE
    > 3.5. The problem is I can't launch KDE : it freezes and gets back to
    > KDM as soon as it starts displaying "initializing hardware" ... Is
    > there a log file I can have a look at ? Is it a KDE or udev/hotplug
    > problem ?

    Have a look at this thread:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2.../msg00085.html

    Best regards

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  3. Re: KDE Freezes and exits

    ALWAYS use a subject!

    El Virolo wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I recently reinstalled Debian Sid on my Athlon XP machine, with KDE
    >3.5. The problem is I can't launch KDE : it freezes and gets back to
    >KDM as soon as it starts displaying "initializing hardware" ... Is
    >there a log file I can have a look at ? Is it a KDE or udev/hotplug
    >problem ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >ElVirolo

  4. Re: (unknown)

    El Virolo wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently reinstalled Debian Sid on my Athlon XP machine, with KDE
    > 3.5. The problem is I can't launch KDE : it freezes and gets back to
    > KDM as soon as it starts displaying "initializing hardware" ... Is
    > there a log file I can have a look at ? Is it a KDE or udev/hotplug
    > problem ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > ElVirolo

    Do an update/upgrade. The replacement for the broken x11-common is already
    available.
    Jan
    --
    ** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
    ** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g