reload konquerors proxy settings - Debian

This is a discussion on reload konquerors proxy settings - Debian ; Hi! On my notebook I'm updating the contents of /etc/proxy.pac based on the required proxy settings for the current network. All browsers are configured to set their proxy settings based on the contents of this file. Unfortunately, when modifying this ...

  1. reload konquerors proxy settings

    Hi!

    On my notebook I'm updating the contents of /etc/proxy.pac based on the
    required proxy settings for the current network. All browsers are configured
    to set their proxy settings based on the contents of this file.
    Unfortunately, when modifying this file without restarting konqueror or
    rereading its config using the configuration dialog, the old settings are
    still used. Is it possible to automatically force konqueror to reread its
    proxy settings each time the file changes?

    regards,
    Jörg

  2. Re: reload konquerors proxy settings

    Hello,

    On Friday 13 January 2006 23:05, Joerg Platte wrote:
    > On my notebook I'm updating the contents of /etc/proxy.pac based on the
    > required proxy settings for the current network. All browsers are
    > configured to set their proxy settings based on the contents of this file.
    > Unfortunately, when modifying this file without restarting konqueror or
    > rereading its config using the configuration dialog, the old settings are
    > still used. Is it possible to automatically force konqueror to reread its
    > proxy settings each time the file changes?

    Did you try it with DCOP?

    Run

    dcop konqueror-`pidof konqueror` KonquerorIface reparseConfiguration

    in the konsole or from a script - this should reload konquerors configuration.

    Please report if it worked for you,

    Christian

    PS: pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program, which should
    also be located in /sbin. This link can be found in the sysvinit-package.

  3. Re: reload konquerors proxy settings

    Am Samstag, 14. Januar 2006 00:16 schrieb Christian Schuerer:
    Hi!

    > Did you try it with DCOP?
    >
    > Run
    >
    > dcop konqueror-`pidof konqueror` KonquerorIface reparseConfiguration
    >
    > in the konsole or from a script - this should reload konquerors
    > configuration.
    >
    > Please report if it worked for you,

    Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Seems like konqueror does not reparse
    the /etc/proxy.pac file, since this filename mentioned in its configuration
    remains the same.

    regards,
    Jörg

  4. Re: reload konquerors proxy settings

    On Saturday 14 January 2006 09:26, Joerg Platte wrote:
    > Am Samstag, 14. Januar 2006 00:16 schrieb Christian Schuerer:
    > Hi!
    >
    > > Did you try it with DCOP?
    > >
    > > Run
    > >
    > > dcop konqueror-`pidof konqueror` KonquerorIface reparseConfiguration
    > >
    > > in the konsole or from a script - this should reload konquerors
    > > configuration.
    > >
    > > Please report if it worked for you,

    > Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Seems like konqueror does not reparse
    > the /etc/proxy.pac file, since this filename mentioned in its configuration
    > remains the same.

    I think reparsing the proxy configuration is more an KIO thing.
    Try
    dcop konqueror-'pidof konqueror` KIO::Scheduler reparseSlaveConfiguration http

    Cheers,
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread