troubles with amarok - Debian

This is a discussion on troubles with amarok - Debian ; Hi All! I`m new in debian world and now I`m running debian testing and everything fine. But I can`t find some packages there. Amarok is one of them . Now I add sources from unstable to sources.list: # /etc/apt/sources.list deb ...

  1. troubles with amarok

    Hi All!

    I`m new in debian world and now I`m running debian testing and everything
    fine. But I can`t find some packages there. Amarok is one of them . Now I
    add sources from unstable to sources.list:

    # /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

    deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

    and here is my /etc/apt/preferences:

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=testing
    Pin-Priority: 900

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: 200

    Then I install amarok`s build-deps and build amarok packages by
    "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -B -nc" command . But when I trying to play
    any music with amarok it freezes everytime

    I`ve create debian packages by this way for digika, ktorrent, k3b. Only amarok
    give me a trouble

    Is there any way to get working amarok for testing ?

    Thanks

    P.S.: It`s my first post in this list so be patient
    P.P.S.: Sorry for my english
    --
    If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
    then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...

  2. Re: troubles with amarok

    Roman Makurin wrote:
    > I`m new in debian world and now I`m running debian testing and everything
    > fine. But I can`t find some packages there. Amarok is one of them . Now
    > I add sources from unstable to sources.list:

    Well, the most interesting question is why in the world you need to
    recompile amaroK yourself?

    Matej

    understand, v.:
    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject, at
    which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.

  3. Re: troubles with amarok

    06 2006 03:47 Matej Cepl (a):
    > Roman Makurin wrote:
    > > I`m new in debian world and now I`m running debian testing and everything
    > > fine. But I can`t find some packages there. Amarok is one of them . Now
    > > I add sources from unstable to sources.list:

    > Well, the most interesting question is why in the world you need to
    > recompile amaroK yourself?

    Because there is no amarok in testing. And i don`t want to use unstable

    > Matej
    >
    > --
    > Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/
    > GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB 25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC
    >
    > understand, v.:
    > To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject, at
    > which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    > operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.

    --
    If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
    then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...

  4. Re: troubles with amarok

    * Roman Makurin [Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:31:05 +0300]:

    > Because there is no amarok in testing. And i don`t want to use unstable

    Until today, the amarok in unstable could not be used in testing,
    since it was compiled against kdelibs4c2a and testing had kdelibs4c2.
    But now that testing has kdelibs4c2a, you can install in your system
    the package in unstable (1.3.7-1) without trouble at all.

    Anyway, I hope that amarok enters testing by itself soon.

    Cheers,

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
    it took seven others to beat him!

  5. Re: troubles with amarok

    Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2006 02:53 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
    > * Roman Makurin [Fri, 06 Jan 2006 04:31:05 +0300]:
    > > Because there is no amarok in testing. And i don`t want to use unstable

    > Until today, the amarok in unstable could not be used in testing,
    > since it was compiled against kdelibs4c2a and testing had kdelibs4c2.
    > But now that testing has kdelibs4c2a, you can install in your system
    > the package in unstable (1.3.7-1) without trouble at all.

    I would have done so but aptitude cannot do the upgrade as it always
    immediately ends with a segmentation fault... :-/

    But that is OT here.

    HS

  6. Re: troubles with amarok

    > I would have done so but aptitude cannot do the upgrade as it always
    > immediately ends with a segmentation fault... :-/

    Ok, a bit OT, but anyway...does apt-get also segfault, or just aptitude?

  7. Re: troubles with amarok

    Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2006 03:50 schrieb Adam Porter:
    > > I would have done so but aptitude cannot do the upgrade as it always
    > > immediately ends with a segmentation fault... :-/

    > Ok, a bit OT, but anyway...does apt-get also segfault, or just aptitude?

    That's how I upgraded then. I let aptitude delete k3b and amarok to upgrade
    (or hold) the rest, then reinstalled both with amarok. This is choice 1 of
    the problem solver, choice 4 did not work. This may be due to new and buggy
    code (and yes, this is aptitude in testing).
    apt-get itself never failed.

    HS