KMail + certificate - Debian

This is a discussion on KMail + certificate - Debian ; Hi! I've recently got a digital certificate (not PGP or related stuff), with which I can sign my e-mails in Windows. I'd like to be able to do it also in Linux, using my favourite KMail. However, I didn't find ...

  1. KMail + certificate

    Hi!

    I've recently got a digital certificate (not PGP or related stuff), with which
    I can sign my e-mails in Windows. I'd like to be able to do it also in Linux,
    using my favourite KMail. However, I didn't find any faqs or tutorials about
    it - is it possible ?

    Cheers!
    Matt

  2. Re: KMail + certificate

    Am Montag, 2. Januar 2006 11:55 schrieb Mateusz Linda:
    > I've recently got a digital certificate (not PGP or related stuff), with
    > which I can sign my e-mails in Windows. I'd like to be able to do it also
    > in Linux, using my favourite KMail. However, I didn't find any faqs or
    > tutorials about it - is it possible ?

    You may mean a S/MIME certificate. You can do this by installing gpgsm and
    kleopatra. It should then works equal to PGP keys.

    HS

  3. Re: KMail + certificate

    Hendrik Sattler wrote:

    > Am Montag, 2. Januar 2006 11:55 schrieb Mateusz Linda:
    >> I've recently got a digital certificate (not PGP or related stuff), with
    >> which I can sign my e-mails in Windows. I'd like to be able to do it also
    >> in Linux, using my favourite KMail. However, I didn't find any faqs or
    >> tutorials about it - is it possible ?

    > You may mean a S/MIME certificate. You can do this by installing gpgsm and
    > kleopatra. It should then works equal to PGP keys.

    I would suggest also reading of this

    and other bookmarks on my del.icio.us page for S/MIME
    .

    Matej

    Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be
    recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
    -- from a church bulletin