KDE 3.5 - how did you install it? - Debian

This is a discussion on KDE 3.5 - how did you install it? - Debian ; Hello, how did you manage do install the kde 3.5 packages? If I try to install them, aptitude will remove ALL kde due to missing dependencies. And if I manage to get some kde-base packages from 3.5 selected, it will ...

  1. KDE 3.5 - how did you install it?

    Hello,

    how did you manage do install the kde 3.5 packages? If I try to install them,
    aptitude will remove ALL kde due to missing dependencies.

    And if I manage to get some kde-base packages from 3.5 selected, it will
    remove all my kdepim packages (for which now 3.5-packages exist) - but I need
    kmail, korganizer, etc.

    Did I miss anything? I tried pining the 3.5 packages to 999, but there is no
    difference. :-(

    Any help is appreciated,

    kind regards,

    Christian

  2. Re: KDE 3.5 - how did you install it?

    On Monday 05 December 2005 22:43, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
    > > And if I manage to get some kde-base packages from 3.5 selected, it
    > > will remove all my kdepim packages (for which now 3.5-packages exist) -

    > Where does kdepim 3.5.0 packages exist?

    Sorry, that is a typo. I meant "for which no 3.5-packages exist".

    Regards and thx for your hints,

    Christian

  3. Re: KDE 3.5 - how did you install it?

    Dnia poniedziałek, 5 grudnia 2005 22:21, Christian Schuerer napisał:

    > how did you manage do install the kde 3.5 packages? If I try to install
    > them, aptitude will remove ALL kde due to missing dependencies.

    First do upgrade from 3.4.2/oldsid to 3.5.0/alioth - this will remove
    kdepim packages and not-yet-transitioned KDE stuff. I used apt-get
    instead of aptitude (it 'looped' on resolving deps). Then get kdepim
    3.4.3 from 'sid' (or incoming.debian.org if it won't be in sid). On
    incoming.debian.org (or in 'sid' during few next days) you will find some
    of already transitioned kde stuff.

    This way I got 3.5.0/alioth with kdepim 3.4.3/sid on my work machine. If
    it will work OK then I will upgrade home machine.

    --
    JID: hrw-jabber.org
    Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

    A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.
    -- Herbert Prochnow

+ Reply to Thread