Qt4 for Sarge? - Debian

  1. Qt4 for Sarge?

    Hi,

    someones knows if there's some backport of qt4 for sarge?

    Thank's in advance,

    Best regards,

    Leo
    --
    Linux User 152692
    Catalonia

  2. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    Leopold Palomo Avellaneda skrev:
    > Hi,
    >
    > someones knows if there's some backport of qt4 for sarge?

    Haven't seen any. It's in both testing and unstable though.

    Anders

  3. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    A Dilluns 05 Desembre 2005 11:39, Anders E. Andersen va escriure:
    > Leopold Palomo Avellaneda skrev:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > someones knows if there's some backport of qt4 for sarge?

    > Haven't seen any. It's in both testing and unstable though.

    yes, but seeing the problems with the migrations of c++ ABIs I think that we
    will have an stable version for xmas of the 2007.

    Regards,

    Leo

  4. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda [Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:06:20 +0100]:

    > yes, but seeing the problems with the migrations of c++ ABIs I think that we
    > will have an stable version for xmas of the 2007.

    Hopefully, you will be wrong by one year. There are people working so
    that it's xmas 2006.

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    Under capitalism, man exploits man.
    Under communism, it's just the opposite.
    -- J.K. Galbraith

  5. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    A Dilluns 05 Desembre 2005 23:08, Adeodato Simó va escriure:
    > * Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda [Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:06:20 +0100]:
    > > yes, but seeing the problems with the migrations of c++ ABIs I think that
    > > we will have an stable version for xmas of the 2007.

    > Hopefully, you will be wrong by one year. There are people working so
    > that it's xmas 2006.

    Ok,

    and it's very difficult to have a backport to sarge? There are a lot of people
    that prefers to have a stable version of debian. However, it's a problem if
    they need a soft that needs a new version of a package (or library) as qt4.

    So, there's no option to have it in testing or sid. You need a backport.

    Regards,

    Leo

    --
    Linux User 152692
    Catalonia

  6. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    * Leopold Palomo Avellaneda [Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:21:44 +0100]:

    > and it's very difficult to have a backport to sarge? There are a lot of people
    > that prefers to have a stable version of debian. However, it's a problem if
    > they need a soft that needs a new version of a package (or library) as qt4.

    > So, there's no option to have it in testing or sid. You need a backport.

    You can:

    a) do it yourself
    b) ask the maintainer (Brian Nelson) to provide a backport
    c) ask the people behind backports.org what is the process to get a
    Qt4 backport for sarge in their site

    HTH,

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he
    predicted yesterday didn't happen today.
    -- Laurence J. Peter

  7. Re: Qt4 for Sarge?

    A Dimarts 06 Desembre 2005 01:22, Adeodato Simó va escriure:
    > * Leopold Palomo Avellaneda [Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:21:44 +0100]:
    > > and it's very difficult to have a backport to sarge? There are a lot of
    > > people that prefers to have a stable version of debian. However, it's a
    > > problem if they need a soft that needs a new version of a package (or
    > > library) as qt4.
    > >
    > > So, there's no option to have it in testing or sid. You need a backport.

    > You can:
    >
    > a) do it yourself

    I'm trying it, but it has a lot of dependencies.
    > b) ask the maintainer (Brian Nelson) to provide a backport

    Ok, I'm writing it.
    > c) ask the people behind backports.org what is the process to get a
    > Qt4 backport for sarge in their site

    maybe a maintainer backport is more useful.

    Regards,

    Leo

    --
    Linux User 152692