Re: Question about Qt exception handling - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Question about Qt exception handling - Debian ; On Thursday 01 December 2005 14:30, Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote: > Hello, > > I don't really know if this is the good channel to talk about that, but > I did not find any better one ! > ...

  1. Re: Question about Qt exception handling

    On Thursday 01 December 2005 14:30, Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I don't really know if this is the good channel to talk about that, but
    > I did not find any better one !
    >
    > My question is : is there a reason why the libqt was always compiled
    > without exception handling ? I would need it to centralized the error
    > reporting system. I tried send a request to the developpers using
    > reportbug but I got no answer !

    Qt does not use exceptions internally, so compling it with exception support
    will very likely break it.

    You can use exceptions in your one code, you just have to make sure they do
    not traverse Qt code.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

  2. Re: Question about Qt exception handling

    Kevin Krammer a écrit :
    > On Thursday 01 December 2005 14:30, Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I don't really know if this is the good channel to talk about that, but
    >>I did not find any better one !
    >>
    >>My question is : is there a reason why the libqt was always compiled
    >>without exception handling ? I would need it to centralized the error
    >>reporting system. I tried send a request to the developpers using
    >>reportbug but I got no answer !

    > Qt does not use exceptions internally, so compling it with exception support
    > will very likely break it.
    >
    > You can use exceptions in your one code, you just have to make sure they do
    > not traverse Qt code.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Kevin

    Well, I don't understand why ! The default options are *with* exception
    support !!!! Then, I already tried to compile debian packages with
    exception support and it just works very fine ! I don't see any reason
    to *explicitly* remove the exception handling.

    Pierre

    --
    Pierre Barbier de Reuille

    INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
    Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
    TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde
    34398 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5, France

    tel : (33) 4 67 61 65 77 fax : (33) 4 67 61 56 68