3.4.3 in experimental but how to install - Debian

This is a discussion on 3.4.3 in experimental but how to install - Debian ; I'm running sid. I notice 3.4.3 is in experimental, but when I do aptitude install kde=experimental, it says not found. Trying kdebase=experimental complains of missing packages. How to install 3.4.3? TIA...

  1. 3.4.3 in experimental but how to install

    I'm running sid.

    I notice 3.4.3 is in experimental, but when I do aptitude install
    kde=experimental, it says not found. Trying kdebase=experimental
    complains of missing packages. How to install 3.4.3?

    TIA

  2. Re: 3.4.3 in experimental but how to install

    On Monday 2005 November 21 03:19, golfer wrote:
    > I notice 3.4.3 is in experimental, but when I do aptitude install
    > kde=experimental, it says not found. Trying kdebase=experimental
    > complains of missing packages. How to install 3.4.3?

    I have no specific answer, but... the "=" in apt-get is for a particular
    version (apt-get install kdebase=4:3.4.2-4); "/" is for a particular release
    (apt-get install kdebase/unstable)

    However, for something where you're going to want dependencies I suggest the
    "-t" option which sets the default release:

    apt-get install -t experimental kdebase

    Andy

    --
    Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), AMIEE