Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge - Debian

This is a discussion on Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge - Debian ; Hi, dear Debian KDE users. I've just uploaded a Sarge backport of Koffice 1.4.2 to http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/ You can just add: deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/ ./ to your /etc/apt/sources.list file and you should be able to install koffice 1.4.2 (including Krita) in Sarge. ...

  1. Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    Hi, dear Debian KDE users.

    I've just uploaded a Sarge backport of Koffice 1.4.2 to
    http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/

    You can just add:
    deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/ ./

    to your /etc/apt/sources.list file and you should be able to install koffice
    1.4.2 (including Krita) in Sarge.

    Please note that you can safely get koffice-i18n packages from Debian Sid for
    your desired languages.

    I expect somebody finds it useful , I'll probably do the same with KOffice
    1.5 when it's out.

    Best regards

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  2. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Saturday 19 November 2005 20:03, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
    > Hi, dear Debian KDE users.
    >
    > I've just uploaded a Sarge backport of Koffice 1.4.2 to
    > http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/
    >
    > You can just add:
    > deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/koffice-1.4.2-sarge/ ./
    >
    > to your /etc/apt/sources.list file and you should be able to install
    > koffice 1.4.2 (including Krita) in Sarge.

    First, thanks for going to the trouble to upload the sarge backport.

    I added the alioth entry to my sources.list and upgraded koffice last
    night. This morning I decided to take the new koffice for a spin.
    Kspread worked fine. Kword fails with this error:

    ~$ /usr/bin/kword
    koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkformula.so.3: cannot open shared
    object file: No such file or directory
    ~$
    ~$ dlocate libkformula.so.3
    koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3.0.0
    koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3
    ~$
    ~$ apt-cache policy koffice-libs
    koffice-libs:
    Installed: 1:1.4.2-3.0sarge
    Candidate: 1:1.4.2-3.0sarge
    Version Table:
    *** 1:1.4.2-3.0sarge 0
    500 http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org ./ Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    1:1.4.2-2 0
    400 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
    1:1.3.5-4.sarge.1 0
    500 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/main Packages
    1:1.3.5-4 0
    500 http://http.us.debian.org sarge/main Packages
    ~$

    I think I am up to date. Have I overlooked something?

    --
    Bud Rogers KD5SZ

  3. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday, 20 November 2005 17:35, Bud Rogers wrote:
    > I added the alioth entry to my sources.list and upgraded koffice last
    > night. This morning I decided to take the new koffice for a spin.
    > Kspread worked fine. Kword fails with this error:
    >
    > ~$ /usr/bin/kword
    > koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkformula.so.3: cannot open shared
    > object file: No such file or directory

    > I think I am up to date. Have I overlooked something?

    Uhm, I've just tested it here in a clean Sarge environment and kword works ok.

    I don't know what can be happening there :?, sorry

    Best regards and let me know if you discover something.

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  4. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 10:35:53AM -0600, Bud Rogers wrote:

    > ~$ /usr/bin/kword
    > koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkformula.so.3: cannot open shared
    > object file: No such file or directory
    > ~$
    > ~$ dlocate libkformula.so.3
    > koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3.0.0
    > koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3

    It might be worth checking that that second link is pointing correctly.
    Do 'ls -l /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3'
    and then 'ls -lL /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3'

    The first should point to the second, and the second should come back
    with a real file, not an error.
    If that looks OK, maybe strace can show what error kword is getting.
    I'll figure out the command line while you do the above, if it's not
    solved yet ?

    Nick

  5. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday 20 November 2005 13:02, Nick Leverton wrote:
    > On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 10:35:53AM -0600, Bud Rogers wrote:
    > > ~$ /usr/bin/kword
    > > koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkformula.so.3: cannot open
    > > shared object file: No such file or directory
    > > ~$
    > > ~$ dlocate libkformula.so.3
    > > koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3.0.0
    > > koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3

    > It might be worth checking that that second link is pointing
    > correctly. Do 'ls -l /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3'
    > and then 'ls -lL /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3'
    >
    > The first should point to the second, and the second should come back
    > with a real file, not an error.
    > If that looks OK, maybe strace can show what error kword is getting.
    > I'll figure out the command line while you do the above, if it's not
    > solved yet ?
    >
    > Nick

    I meant to mention this in my first post. I downloaded the new koffice
    debs overnight, but did not install them until later in the morning.

    ~$ locate /usr/lib/libkformula
    /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3
    /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3.0.0
    ~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libkformula.*
    ls: /usr/lib/libkformula.*: No such file or directory

    I interpret that to mean that the lib was there when dlocatedb was
    updated early this morning, but has since been removed, presumably when
    I installed the new koffice debs.

    To answer your question:

    ~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3
    ls: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3: No such file or directory
    ~$ ls -lL /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3
    ls: /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3: No such file or directory
    ~$

    A little further digging led me to this:

    ~$ dpkg -L koffice-libs |grep libkformula
    /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3.0.0
    /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3
    ~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libkformula*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Nov 20 14:48 /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3
    -> libkformulalib.so.3.0.0
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 658728 Nov 19
    19:03 /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3.0.0
    ~$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3 /usr/lib/libkformula.so.3
    ~$
    ~$
    ~$
    ~$ kword
    koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkospell.so.4: cannot open shared
    object file: No such file or directory
    ~$
    ~$ dlocate libkospell
    koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkospell.so.4.1.0
    koffice-libs: /usr/lib/libkospell.so.4
    ~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libkospell*
    ls: /usr/lib/libkospell*: No such file or directory
    ~$
    ~$ locate libkospell
    /usr/lib/libkospell.so.4
    /usr/lib/libkospell.so.4.1.0
    ~$

    I interpret that to mean that, like libkformula, libkospell was there
    until I installed the new koffice debs. Am I reading that correctly?

    And BTW, I mean no offense to Isaac. He has gone to some trouble to
    upload the debs and I do not mean to disparage his work. I'm just
    trying to figure out what's going on.

    --
    Bud Rogers KD5SZ

  6. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday, 20 November 2005 22:13, Bud Rogers wrote:
    > I interpret that to mean that, like libkformula, libkospell was there
    > until I installed the new koffice debs. Am I reading that correctly?
    >
    > And BTW, I mean no offense to Isaac. He has gone to some trouble to
    > upload the debs and I do not mean to disparage his work. I'm just
    > trying to figure out what's going on.

    I would say you have not installed kword 1.4.2

    kword 1.4.2 uses /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3.0.0 instead of libkformula.

    If you just did a apt-get install koffice it's quite possible that your kword
    wasn't upgraded. Please, check.

    Best regards

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  7. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday 20 November 2005 11:41, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
    > On Sunday, 20 November 2005 17:35, Bud Rogers wrote:
    > > I added the alioth entry to my sources.list and upgraded koffice
    > > last night. This morning I decided to take the new koffice for a
    > > spin. Kspread worked fine. Kword fails with this error:
    > >
    > > ~$ /usr/bin/kword
    > > koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: libkformula.so.3: cannot open
    > > shared object file: No such file or directory
    > >
    > > I think I am up to date. Have I overlooked something?

    > Uhm, I've just tested it here in a clean Sarge environment and kword
    > works ok.
    >
    > I don't know what can be happening there :?, sorry
    >
    > Best regards and let me know if you discover something.

    Never mind. I'm an idiot. My nightly script does, among other things,
    apt-get update and apt-get -d upgrade. Last night it downloaded a
    little more that 13 megs of your koffice debs from alioth. Ahem, kword
    was not one of them...

    Just now I installed kword specifically and it pulled in libwpd8 also.
    Kword runs just fine now. My humble apologies for leaping to
    conclusions.

    --
    Bud Rogers KD5SZ

  8. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday, 20 November 2005 23:41, Bud Rogers wrote:
    > Just now I installed kword specifically and it pulled in libwpd8 also.
    > Kword runs just fine now. My humble apologies for leaping to
    > conclusions.

    No problem

    --
    Isaac Clerencia at Warp Networks, http://www.warp.es
    Work: | Debian:

  9. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    On Sunday 20 November 2005 15:39, Isaac Clerencia wrote:

    > I would say you have not installed kword 1.4.2
    >
    > kword 1.4.2 uses /usr/lib/libkformulalib.so.3.0.0 instead of
    > libkformula.
    >
    > If you just did a apt-get install koffice it's quite possible that
    > your kword wasn't upgraded. Please, check.

    Our emails crossed. You're absolutely right. Sorry to be so much
    trouble.

    --
    Bud Rogers KD5SZ

  10. Re: Koffice 1.4.2 available for Sarge

    Sorry if I'm being repetitive or stupid, but does this mean it's also
    available for amd64?

+ Reply to Thread