kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2? - Debian

This is a discussion on kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2? - Debian ; I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it, files never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive. Kghostview, on the other hand, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

  1. kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it, files
    never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive. Kghostview, on
    the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?

    Tim


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  2. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    On Friday 11 November 2005 01:11, Tim Folger wrote:
    > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it, files
    > never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive. Kghostview, on
    > the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?


    kpdf works fine here ( i386, sid, 3.4.2, xorg )

    j.


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  3. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    El viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2005 01:11, Tim Folger escribió:
    > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it, files
    > never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive. Kghostview, on
    > the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?


    Maybe removing ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf/ will help you.

    Best regards,


    Ender.
    --
    Another C-3PO: E chu ta!
    C-3PO: How rude!
    -- C-3PO (The Empire Strikes Back).
    --
    Desarrollador de Debian
    Debian developer

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQBDdHdPWs/EhA1iABsRArk9AKCWAqCuethvF+pxHEBHucvr4jaMBgCeIHfY
    CLHxb9ojmSX0amVDLzDVWCo=
    =9axB
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  4. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    On Friday 11 November 2005 03:49 am, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
    > El viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2005 01:11, Tim Folger escribió:
    > > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it, files
    > > never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive. Kghostview,
    > > on the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?

    >
    > Maybe removing ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf/ will help you.


    No luck. After deleting ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf/ kpdf still isn't working. I'm
    not sure how to diagnose the problem.

  5. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    On Sunday 13 November 2005 06:23 pm, you wrote:
    > Have you tried to launch from konsole and see what messages are shown?
    >
    > cu
    >
    > On 11/14/05, Tim Folger wrote:
    > > On Friday 11 November 2005 03:49 am, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
    > > > El viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2005 01:11, Tim Folger escribió:
    > > > > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > > > > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it,
    > > > > files never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive.
    > > > > Kghostview, on the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?
    > > >
    > > > Maybe removing ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf/ will help you.

    > >
    > > No luck. After deleting ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf/ kpdf still isn't working.
    > > I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem.


    Yes, I've tried that. kpdf launches without a problem and there are no error
    messages in the terminal. The problems occur when I try to use it to open an
    existing kpdf file.

    Tim

  6. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    Which window theme are you using? There is an outstanding bug when using
    KPDF with kwin-baghira:
    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=336050

    This bug has the behavior described by you.

    Best,

    Rigo


    Am Friday 11 November 2005 01:11 verlautbarte Tim Folger :
    > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it,
    > files never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive.
    > Kghostview, on the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?
    >
    > Tim


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQBDeEGNCRlGO2Cxp/0RAuxtAJ930wXtQk/nVysY+xZPvMqXUJYUNACghMA/
    Hwo19JotcXiQpXOdJ2/gUB0=
    =442j
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  7. Re: kpdf broken in kde 3.4.2?

    Aaah, so that's the problem--I am using kwin-baghira. Thanks for the info.

    Tim

    On Monday 14 November 2005 12:49 am, Rigo Wenning wrote:
    > Which window theme are you using? There is an outstanding bug when using
    > KPDF with kwin-baghira:
    > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=336050
    >
    > This bug has the behavior described by you.
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Rigo
    >
    > Am Friday 11 November 2005 01:11 verlautbarte Tim Folger :
    > > I just upgraded my sid installation to kde 3.4.2 and xorg, and nearly
    > > everything is working perfectly except kpdf. When I try to use it,
    > > files never completely load, and my computer goes into overdrive.
    > > Kghostview, on the other hand, works fine. Is this a known issue?
    > >
    > > Tim



    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

+ Reply to Thread