Using reportbug with kmail - Debian

This is a discussion on Using reportbug with kmail - Debian ; Hi, I just cannot figure out how to use the --mua option from reportbug with my main mail program KMail. :-( Maybe someone can help me out here? Is there a web front-end for submitting bugs to the debian BTS? ...

  1. Using reportbug with kmail

    Hi,

    I just cannot figure out how to use the --mua option from reportbug with my
    main mail program KMail. :-(

    Maybe someone can help me out here? Is there a web front-end for submitting
    bugs to the debian BTS?

    HS

    PS: I do not want (although I know how) to configure exim because there is no
    easy way out: only with TLS and authentication. Both is a pain to hack into
    the exim configuration. Additionally, I do not want to save the password as
    clear text in the exim configuration.

  2. Re: Using reportbug with kmail

    Hi!

    El Lunes, 7 de Noviembre de 2005 19:23, Hendrik Sattler escribió:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just cannot figure out how to use the --mua option from reportbug with my
    > main mail program KMail. :-(
    >
    > Maybe someone can help me out here? Is there a web front-end for submitting
    > bugs to the debian BTS?

    No, unfortunately, there is not

    > PS: I do not want (although I know how) to configure exim because there is
    > no easy way out: only with TLS and authentication. Both is a pain to hack
    > into the exim configuration. Additionally, I do not want to save the
    > password as clear text in the exim configuration.

    Yeah, i understand you.
    A fast solution is execute reportbug and when you get the mail ready to send,
    cut and paste it in kmail, then, send it to submit@bugs.d.o

    Ana.

    Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
    Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
    http://correo.yahoo.es

  3. Re: Using reportbug with kmail

    El Lunes, 7 de Noviembre de 2005 20:23, Hendrik Sattler escribió:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just cannot figure out how to use the --mua option from reportbug with my
    > main mail program KMail. :-(
    >
    > Maybe someone can help me out here? Is there a web front-end for submitting
    > bugs to the debian BTS?

    This snippet was written by Isaac Clerencia, IIRC.

    #!/bin/sh

    suf=$RANDOM
    reportbug -p "$@" > /tmp/reportbug.$suf
    if [ -s /tmp/reportbug.$suf ]
    then
    subject=$(grep ^Subject\: /tmp/reportbug.$suf | cut -d\: -f 2-)
    sed -n '8~1p' /tmp/reportbug.$suf > /tmp/reportkmail.$suf
    kmail -s "$subject" --msg /tmp/reportkmail.$suf submit@bugs.debian.org
    fi
    rm -f /tmp/reportkmail.$suf

    --
    Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
    http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net

  4. Re: Using reportbug with kmail

    * Ana Guerrero [2005 Nov 07 21:28 -0600]:

    > > PS: I do not want (although I know how) to configure exim because there is
    > > no easy way out: only with TLS and authentication. Both is a pain to hack
    > > into the exim configuration. Additionally, I do not want to save the
    > > password as clear text in the exim configuration.

    > Yeah, i understand you.
    > A fast solution is execute reportbug and when you get the mail ready to send,
    > cut and paste it in kmail, then, send it to submit@bugs.d.o

    I threw out Exim about a year ago and setup esmtp which is quite small,
    easy to configure (five or six lines a couple of which are optional),
    works with Procmail, and works with Mutt and reportbug. Exim is
    overkill when esmtp works just fine for me.

    - Nate >>

    --
    Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB | Successfully Microsoft
    Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @ | free since January 1998.

  5. Re: Using reportbug with kmail

    Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 05:35 schrieb Nate Bargmann:
    > * Ana Guerrero [2005 Nov 07 21:28 -0600]:
    > > > PS: I do not want (although I know how) to configure exim because there
    > > > is no easy way out: only with TLS and authentication. Both is a pain to
    > > > hack into the exim configuration. Additionally, I do not want to save
    > > > the password as clear text in the exim configuration.

    > > Yeah, i understand you.
    > > A fast solution is execute reportbug and when you get the mail ready to
    > > send, cut and paste it in kmail, then, send it to submit@bugs.d.o

    > I threw out Exim about a year ago and setup esmtp which is quite small,
    > easy to configure (five or six lines a couple of which are optional),
    > works with Procmail, and works with Mutt and reportbug. Exim is
    > overkill when esmtp works just fine for me.

    esmtp would _not_ solve the problem. This is not about bashing exim, it is the
    general problem of having to store the SMTP/Auth-Password when using an
    automated program like this.

    I'd really love to have a program, that does not try to deliver itself but
    uses a user-configurable maildir directory to simply store the data. In this
    case, I could simply use the outgoing-mail or draft directory of kmail and
    then send it with kmail.

    HS