Killfile with knode - Debian

This is a discussion on Killfile with knode - Debian ; Hello, I've some rather annoying problem with knode on my sarge box. I'm following some rather polluted newsgroups and I'm trying to filter some junk. So far so good. I'm able to value posts by CTRL+L, and I'm able to ...

  1. Killfile with knode

    Hello,

    I've some rather annoying problem with knode on my sarge box. I'm following
    some rather polluted newsgroups and I'm trying to filter some junk. So far so
    good. I'm able to value posts by CTRL+L, and I'm able to remove posts
    selected by a given value.
    However, I'm not able to filter threads. By that, I'm getting all these, don't
    feed trolls, you are some mindless jerk, etc. mails, as replies to filtered
    mail.
    Thus I read through the docs and found out, that I can filter whole threads
    instead of single posts, by modifying my filter and I did so.
    But for some reason I don't understand, filtering whole threads doesn't work.
    No single disappears, when I active the filter - even mails filtered before
    are still there.
    What did I do wrong?
    Thanks in advance

    Keep smiling
    yanosz

  2. Re: Killfile with knode

    On Monday 31 October 2005 11:43 am, Jan Luehr wrote:

    > However, I'm not able to filter threads.

    Check out Watch thread and Ignore thread. I bind these to W and I
    respectively using Configure Shortcuts.

    --
    Paul Johnson
    Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca

  3. Re: Killfile with knode

    Hello,

    Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 21:35 schrieb Paul Johnson:
    > On Monday 31 October 2005 11:43 am, Jan Luehr wrote:
    > > However, I'm not able to filter threads.

    > Check out Watch thread and Ignore thread. I bind these to W and I
    > respectively using Configure Shortcuts.

    Thanks, this is a workaround, however, I'm looking for a way to filter every
    thread started by some already specified idiot automatically.

    Keep smiling
    yanosz

  4. Re: Killfile with knode

    Jan Luehr wrote:

    > Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 21:35 schrieb Paul Johnson:
    >> On Monday 31 October 2005 11:43 am, Jan Luehr wrote:
    >> > However, I'm not able to filter threads.

    >> Check out Watch thread and Ignore thread. I bind these to W and I
    >> respectively using Configure Shortcuts.

    > Thanks, this is a workaround, however, I'm looking for a way to filter
    > every thread started by some already specified idiot automatically.

    Even so, Ignore Thread is no more likely to work than your "filter thread" -
    probably for the same reason. No matter how often I ignore a thread, next
    time through there seem to be new posts in it. If I had a clue what was
    actually happening I'd file a bug, but so far it's just "it doesn't work",
    which isn't helpful. :-(
    --
    derek