no korganizer alarms - Debian

This is a discussion on no korganizer alarms - Debian ; Hello everyone, i'm trying to get some appointments' alarms triggered by KOrganizer but the following problems arose: 1. from menu i choose: "Actions" 2. then "new event" 3. in the panel i compose all fields like "date&time" and then i ...

  1. no korganizer alarms

    Hello everyone,
    i'm trying to get some appointments' alarms triggered by KOrganizer
    but the following problems arose:
    1. from menu i choose: "Actions"
    2. then "new event"
    3. in the panel i compose all fields like "date&time" and then i click
    on "Reminder"
    4. finally "Ok"

    but even then the time of the fixed appointment goes by and no alarms
    is triggered, i mean no popups, no sounds, nothing at all

    has it happened to some of you?
    maybe a bug??

    thank you very much in advance
    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge

  2. Re: no korganizer alarms

    On 10/25/05, duffmckagan wrote:
    > On 10/25/05, roberto wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,
    > > i'm trying to get some appointments' alarms triggered by KOrganizer
    > > but the following problems arose:
    > > 1. from menu i choose: "Actions"
    > > 2. then "new event"
    > > 3. in the panel i compose all fields like "date&time" and then i click
    > > on "Reminder"
    > > 4. finally "Ok"
    > >
    > > but even then the time of the fixed appointment goes by and no alarms
    > > is triggered, i mean no popups, no sounds, nothing at all
    > >
    > > has it happened to some of you?
    > > maybe a bug??
    > >
    > > thank you very much in advance

    > What is the version of KOrganizer you are using?

    KOrganizer 3.3.2 (using KDE 3.3.2)

    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge

  3. Re: no korganizer alarms

  4. Re: no korganizer alarms

    On 10/25/05, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
    > On Tuesday 25 October 2005 15:32, roberto wrote:
    > > but even then the time of the fixed appointment goes by and no alarms
    > > is triggered, i mean no popups, no sounds, nothing at all
    > >
    > > has it happened to some of you?
    > > maybe a bug??

    > Is the reminder daemon (korgac) running? You should see the calendar symbol
    > with a bell in the system tray. If it's not running, start korgac.

    i can see the calendar symbol with a bell in the system tray as you
    say, and also
    ~:$ lsof | grep korgac
    tells me korgac is running;
    now i started also kalarmd too and if i right click on to the calendar
    icon i can see also these options enabled:
    1. alarms enabled
    2. start alarm client at login

    > If it is running, have you disabled reminders (RMB menu on the system tray
    > icon)?

    sorry i did not find any RMB menu in the system tray but probably that
    is what i already said before

    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge

  5. Re: no korganizer alarms

    El martes, 25 de octubre de 2005 16:46, roberto escribió:
    > > If it is running, have you disabled reminders (RMB menu on the system
    > > tray icon)?

    > sorry i did not find any RMB menu in the system tray but probably that
    > is what i already said before

    RMB stands for "Right Mouse Button". So Reinhold meant to click on the icon
    with the RMB in order to display the KOrganizer menu.

    Best regards,

    Ender.
    --
    There is no spoon...
    -- Neo (Matrix).

  6. Re: no korganizer alarms

  7. Re: no korganizer alarms

    On 10/25/05, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
    > El martes, 25 de octubre de 2005 16:46, roberto escribió:
    > > > If it is running, have you disabled reminders (RMB menu on the system
    > > > tray icon)?

    > > sorry i did not find any RMB menu in the system tray but probably that
    > > is what i already said before

    > RMB stands for "Right Mouse Button". So Reinhold meant to click on the icon
    > with the RMB in order to display the KOrganizer menu.

    ok, that's what i did as already said above but nothing changed,
    everything is enabled properly but no alarms are triggered...

    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge

  8. Re: no korganizer alarms

    On 10/25/05, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
    > > RMB stands for "Right Mouse Button". So Reinhold meant to click on the
    > > icon with the RMB in order to display the KOrganizer menu.

    > Which roberto already did intuitively, and he said the settings are correct...
    >
    > Are the events saved in the standard calendar (in a local file on disk) or in
    > a remote file, or on a groupware server?

    i am currently using a local file on my pc, called "my_calendar01.ics"
    and since i save session when i logout, then it is restored at each
    login, and indeed it is correctly restored as i have saved it

    > Are there any alarms at all (i.e. at the wrong time, maybe off by exactlythe
    > time zone shift relative to UTC)?

    i thought about this but there are no alarms at all in the whole 24 hours run...
    i also checked the date... but it is correct

    may be a solution to reinstall KOrganizer at all?
    even if i do not think so

    --
    roberto
    GNU/Linux, debian sarge