Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available - Debian ; > Yeah, but we don't need kolourpaint then.. Two different apps. Kolourpaint is more of an mspaint clone, which is a very different thing from a gimp replacement. Kolourpaint doesn't do the advanced stuff krita does, so krita is necessary. ...

  1. Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available

    > Yeah, but we don't need kolourpaint then..

    Two different apps. Kolourpaint is more of an mspaint clone, which is a very
    different thing from a gimp replacement.

    Kolourpaint doesn't do the advanced stuff krita does, so krita is necessary.
    But there are times when the power of krita could be a drawback. Kolourpaint
    is a joy to use for simple edits (and very familiar).

  2. Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available

    On 10/27/05, Jason Winzenried wrote:
    > > > Looking forward to krita maturing so we have a photoshop replacement and
    > > > a paint replacement

    > > gimp works fine...
    > >

    > Of course it does, even if certain basic functions are arcane enough thatsome
    > people don't know about it
    >
    > I should have said Looking forward to krita maturing so *KDE* has a photoshop
    > replacement and a paint replacement Gimps interface does leave something
    > to be desired imho hehe

    Well... It'd be a simple matter to just re-do the GIMP interface code
    so that it's using KDE instead of X or whatever it uses... I can't
    think why you'd want to do that, since what you really should be doing
    is make the kappfinder's way of letting non-KDE apps run in KDE work
    better, perhaps as a direct translation to kdelibs4 function calls
    (like making widgets and that rot) so that the apps that were written
    in other libraries were behaving just like normal KDE apps, know what
    I mean? I know I'm being vauge, but my mind is still buzzing for some
    strange reason...

    --
    === GCB v3.1 ===

  3. Re: KOffice 1.4.2 available

    Hey, just reviving an old thread, since I'm strangely loathe to start
    new ones (old habits die hard...)

    I was using KOffice Write, and I was using tables. I then inserted a
    picture into the table and KWrite just died. No error code, no
    nothing. I checked all the process tables in the task manager and
    couldn't find KOffice or KWrite anywhere. Anyone know of any problems
    with KOffice on amd64 that fit my description?

+ Reply to Thread