Re: Kde devices's automounting on desktop - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Kde devices's automounting on desktop - Debian ; Joćo Silva schrieb: > does anybody knows if exists any aplication > that automatically mounts devices on desktop > like gnome do? There was extensive discussion on this list about this; you may find it in the archives. The conclusion ...

  1. Re: Kde devices's automounting on desktop

    Joćo Silva schrieb:
    > does anybody knows if exists any aplication
    > that automatically mounts devices on desktop
    > like gnome do?

    There was extensive discussion on this list about this; you may find it
    in the archives. The conclusion was yes, KDE can do this, as you will
    find out if you try out Kubuntu and plug in a USB storage device. As for
    getting Debian to do this: there was no real consensus what is exactly
    needed and what isn't: there seem to be several competing systems and no
    agreement on this list which is best.

    Theo Schmidt

  2. Re: Kde devices's automounting on desktop

    I know if you go to the control center, desktop and behavior there is a tab
    for device icons, and I can make my hard drives and network drives show up
    mounted on the desktop.