theme and font problem - Debian

This is a discussion on theme and font problem - Debian ; Hi all, I've got some problems with fonts and themes in kde. I'm using kde-core 3.3.2 at my debian testing system. When i add a theme from the control center and start to use it, i can see the changes ...

  1. theme and font problem

    Hi all,

    I've got some problems with fonts and themes in kde.
    I'm using kde-core 3.3.2 at my debian testing system. When i add a theme
    from the control center and start to use it, i can see the changes
    (menus, fonts etc) for example in konqueror. But the theme doesn't be
    applied in some applications like mozilla-firefox, mozilla-thunderbird,
    gaim etc.. I also see some fonts smaller than they must be (for ex. in
    gaim) despite the following packages are installed. The most interesting
    thing is that the problem occurs in web sites too. I see hole of the
    texts in some web sites smaller. But when i boot with ubuntu, it's normal.

    I think i've problems with gtkrc. Or else??

    installed packages related with fonts;
    msttcorefonts
    xfonts-base
    xfonts-base-transcoded
    xfonts-75dpi
    xfonts-75dpi-transcoded
    xfonts-100dpi
    xfonts-100dpi-transcoded

    best regards ..
    Koray Bostancř

  2. Re: theme and font problem

    hi!
    I think that if you use kde and want gtk to look the same, you need to install
    the gtk and gtk2 themes gtk-qt (gnome uses gtk kde uses qt), so mozilla (gtk)
    firebird (gtk) will look the same. i've got ubuntu installed, and in my
    control center i have a gtk choosing menu in look&feel, but if you don't, you
    can install gtk-theme-switch, and run it, and change the theme to gtk-qt.
    change both gtk and gtk2 (gtk-theme-switch2 - i think)
    regs
    john

    >On Thursday 13 October 2005 22:33, Koray Bostanc─▒ wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got some problems with fonts and themes in kde.
    > I'm using kde-core 3.3.2 at my debian testing system. When i add a theme
    > from the control center and start to use it, i can see the changes
    > (menus, fonts etc) for example in konqueror. But the theme doesn't be
    > applied in some applications like mozilla-firefox, mozilla-thunderbird,
    > gaim etc.. I also see some fonts smaller than they must be (for ex. in
    > gaim) despite the following packages are installed. The most interesting
    > thing is that the problem occurs in web sites too. I see hole of the
    > texts in some web sites smaller. But when i boot with ubuntu, it's normal.
    >
    > I think i've problems with gtkrc. Or else??
    >
    > installed packages related with fonts;
    > msttcorefonts
    > xfonts-base
    > xfonts-base-transcoded
    > xfonts-75dpi
    > xfonts-75dpi-transcoded
    > xfonts-100dpi
    > xfonts-100dpi-transcoded
    >
    > best regards ..
    > Koray Bostanc├Ż

  3. Re: theme and font problem

    Koray Bostanci said...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got some problems with fonts and themes in kde.
    > I'm using kde-core 3.3.2 at my debian testing system. When i add a theme
    > from the control center and start to use it, i can see the changes
    > (menus, fonts etc) for example in konqueror. But the theme doesn't be
    > applied in some applications like mozilla-firefox, mozilla-thunderbird,
    > gaim etc.. I also see some fonts smaller than they must be (for ex. in
    > gaim) despite the following packages are installed. The most interesting
    > thing is that the problem occurs in web sites too. I see hole of the
    > texts in some web sites smaller. But when i boot with ubuntu, it's normal.

    Install gtk2-engines-gtk-qt and configure in the Control
    Centre/Appearance and Themes/GTK styles and fonts.

    --
    Best,
    Marc