RE: k3b: cannot copy cd - Debian

This is a discussion on RE: k3b: cannot copy cd - Debian ; False. This has changed recently in SID. You must set SUID at least on the /usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap otherwise any burning unser 2.6.12 will fail regardless on permissions set on the device. Nasty, stupid but reality. > -----Original Message----- > From: LeVA ...

  1. RE: k3b: cannot copy cd

    False. This has changed recently in SID. You must set SUID at least on the /usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap otherwise any burning unser 2.6.12 will fail regardless on permissions set on the device.

    Nasty, stupid but reality.

  2. RE: k3b: cannot copy cd

    ?á?ek Kry?tof wrote:

    > False. This has changed recently in SID. You must set SUID at least on the
    > /usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap otherwise any burning unser 2.6.12 will fail
    > regardless on permissions set on the device.
    >
    > Nasty, stupid but reality.

    You're not kidding. It was annoying enough when they forced us to turn suid
    _off_, but at least it made sense.
    --
    derek