k3b: cannot copy cd - Debian

This is a discussion on k3b: cannot copy cd - Debian ; Hello, Sinds some time, don't know exactly when, I cannot copy a cd. I have a writer and a reader installed and both are recognised. In the window 'cd-copy' the button 'start' is disabled. The work arround I have is ...

  1. k3b: cannot copy cd

    Hello,

    Sinds some time, don't know exactly when, I cannot copy a cd. I have a writer
    and a reader installed and both are recognised. In the window 'cd-copy' the
    button 'start' is disabled.
    The work arround I have is to mount the cd and drag the info to a project. For
    a data cd this is no problem. But for a music cd it is while I would like to
    do a direct copy and not decode - encode the music files.

    Is there something I should do or is it a bug? I didn't found the bug on
    debian bugtracking.

    Kind regards.

    --
    Johnny Geling

  2. Re: k3b: cannot copy cd

    johnny geling schrieb:
    > Sinds some time, don't know exactly when, I cannot copy a cd. I have a writer
    > and a reader installed and both are recognised. In the window 'cd-copy' the
    > button 'start' is disabled.

    I have a similar problem with k3b. Ever since kernel 2.6 cdrecord and
    hence k3b do not seem to work properly. Google shows many similar
    queries but no solutions. I expect if we wait a bit the problems will
    eventually be solved by a an update. My solution for the meantime is to
    use an old version of Knoppix with 2.4 kernel to write CDs, where it
    works well.

    Theo Schmidt

  3. Re: k3b: cannot copy cd

    2005. október 2. 12:21,
    Theo Schmidt
    -> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
    > johnny geling schrieb:
    > > Sinds some time, don't know exactly when, I cannot copy a cd. I have a
    > > writer and a reader installed and both are recognised. In the window
    > > 'cd-copy' the button 'start' is disabled.

    > I have a similar problem with k3b. Ever since kernel 2.6 cdrecord and
    > hence k3b do not seem to work properly. Google shows many similar
    > queries but no solutions. I expect if we wait a bit the problems will
    > eventually be solved by a an update. My solution for the meantime is to
    > use an old version of Knoppix with 2.4 kernel to write CDs, where it
    > works well.
    >
    > Theo Schmidt

    With 2.6.8 kernel and above you can not write cds with binaries which has the
    setuid bit set. Clear the setuid bit from cdrecord and/or cdrdao and make
    sure your user has write permission to the cdwriter device under /dev.

    HTH,

    Daniel

    --
    LeVA