Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail - Debian

This is a discussion on Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail - Debian ; I am using Kmail 1.8.2 within Kontact 1.1.2, KDE 3.4.2, on a Debian box I have finished writing an email in HTML with Kmail, and had it saved in drafts folder. Then, when open it from drafts folder again, all ...

  1. Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail

    I am using Kmail 1.8.2 within Kontact 1.1.2, KDE 3.4.2, on a Debian box

    I have finished writing an email in HTML with Kmail, and had it saved in drafts folder.
    Then, when open it from drafts folder again, all format is lost, now it is simply an ordinary plain-text one, and I have to re-edit it!

    Kmail seems to have similar behavior of losing format for all HTML drafts. Any body any idea about this stuff?

    Thank you very much!

  2. Re: Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail

    orcishhan wrote:

    > I am using Kmail 1.8.2 within Kontact 1.1.2, KDE 3.4.2, on a Debian box
    >
    > I have finished writing an email in HTML with Kmail, and had it saved in
    > drafts folder. Then, when open it from drafts folder again, all format is
    > lost, now it is simply an ordinary plain-text one, and I have to re-edit
    > it!
    >
    > Kmail seems to have similar behavior of losing format for all HTML drafts.
    > Anybody any idea about this stuff?

    No, but I can confirm it's a problem. I have one party invitation a year I
    send out like this, and I can't believe the hoops I jump through!
    --
    derek

  3. Re: Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail

    On Wednesday 28 September 2005 15:54, Derek Broughton wrote:
    > orcishhan wrote:
    > > I am using Kmail 1.8.2 within Kontact 1.1.2, KDE 3.4.2, on a Debian box
    > >
    > > I have finished writing an email in HTML with Kmail, and had it saved in
    > > drafts folder. Then, when open it from drafts folder again, all format is
    > > lost, now it is simply an ordinary plain-text one, and I have to re-edit
    > > it!
    > >
    > > Kmail seems to have similar behavior of losing format for all HTML
    > > drafts. Anybody any idea about this stuff?

    > No, but I can confirm it's a problem. I have one party invitation a year I
    > send out like this, and I can't believe the hoops I jump through!

    Quick question: have you tried activating the HTML view (in Folder - prefer
    HTML view) before re-editing the html file?

    Jan

    --
    "All these black people are screwing up my democracy." - Ian Smith

  4. Re: Problem: Saving an HTML email in Kmail

    Jan De Luyck wrote:

    > On Wednesday 28 September 2005 15:54, Derek Broughton wrote:
    >> orcishhan wrote:
    >> > I am using Kmail 1.8.2 within Kontact 1.1.2, KDE 3.4.2, on a Debian box
    >> >
    >> > I have finished writing an email in HTML with Kmail, and had it saved
    >> > in drafts folder. Then, when open it from drafts folder again, all
    >> > format is lost, now it is simply an ordinary plain-text one, and I have
    >> > to re-edit it!
    >> >
    >> > Kmail seems to have similar behavior of losing format for all HTML
    >> > drafts. Anybody any idea about this stuff?

    >> No, but I can confirm it's a problem. I have one party invitation a year
    >> I send out like this, and I can't believe the hoops I jump through!

    > Quick question: have you tried activating the HTML view (in Folder -
    > prefer HTML view) before re-editing the html file?

    Yes. But even if I hadn't, if I'm creating an HTML message that _really_
    should be an attribute of the message that is saved _with_ the message.
    --
    derek