Hi,

I installed Knoppix 3.7 to hard disk. I moded sources.list and was
able to apt-get update/upgrade.

I am using KDE and I have a logitech marble mouse that I want to use in the
left-handed configuration.

I recently was using Sid and icewm and had an .xinitrc script with an
xmodmap statement that worked just fine. This combination was used on
the same hardware platform that I am writing about now. So the problem
is not hardware.

I tried using ControlCenter->Peripherals->Mouse to change to the
left-handed config but the effect is not good and can be described as
unpredictable.

I tried using ~/.kde/Autostart/Xmodmap as an executable with the
following contents:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5"

This worked about as well as the KDE ControlCenter method.

I've googled for answers and tried everything I found with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. It seems that I'm just a hair away from
success, but advancing past that hair is most difficult.

Thanks,
--
Mike