Time-setting problem KDE 3.4.2 - Debian

This is a discussion on Time-setting problem KDE 3.4.2 - Debian ; Hi all, When I try to "Adjust Date and Time" of the clock I cannot do so. The panel to enter root password appears, the root password is entered and then nothing happens ie: the panel to allow setting the ...

  1. Time-setting problem KDE 3.4.2

    Hi all,

    When I try to "Adjust Date and Time" of the clock I cannot do so. The panel
    to enter root password appears, the root password is entered and then nothing
    happens ie: the panel to allow setting the date and time does not appear.

    When using the Control Center to do this function a similar thing happens.
    The time setting panel appears, the administrator mode is selected, the
    password is entered and the the blue panel appears containing system info
    instead of the panel to adjust the date & time.

    Additionally when I install Crossover Standard program no CrossoverX menus
    are generated in the Start menu.

    Any clues?

    Victor

    Using all Debian Unstable packages with 2.6.12 kernel.

  2. Re: Time-setting problem KDE 3.4.2

    On Monday 19 September 2005 03:26 am, Victor Torrico wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > When I try to "Adjust Date and Time" of the clock I cannot do so. The
    > panel to enter root password appears, the root password is entered and then
    > nothing happens ie: the panel to allow setting the date and time does not
    > appear.

    Not sure how to solve that problem, but you could solve the problem once and
    for all by installing chrony, and editing /etc/chrony/chrony.conf with the
    nearest accurate time server (check your ISP, they probably run time servers
    on their name servers).

+ Reply to Thread