Re: Thanks - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Thanks - Debian ; * Jean-Damien Durand [2005 Sep 16 05:00 -0500]: > Hmmm, I have not seen many messages to thank you all very much for the big > efforts concerning kde packages following the g++ + xorg transitions, and > that was ...

  1. Re: Thanks

    * Jean-Damien Durand [2005 Sep 16 05:00 -0500]:
    > Hmmm, I have not seen many messages to thank you all very much for the big
    > efforts concerning kde packages following the g++ + xorg transitions, and
    > that was a big task for sure - in summer in addition!
    > So here we go - as many other users I have successfully upgraded (never mind
    > for the very few remaining packages not yet transitionned - that will come),
    > and all looks so good that I wanted to say so on that list...
    > Well done;
    > Cheers, JD.

    Add my second as thanks to the team. I transitioned to 3.4.2 a bit
    over a week ago and it has been a typically smooth Debian upgrade.

    Your hard work is much appreciated.

    - Nate >>

    --
    Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB | Successfully Microsoft
    Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @ | free since January 1998.

  2. Re: Thanks

    On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:56:22AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

    > Add my second as thanks to the team. I transitioned to 3.4.2 a bit
    > over a week ago and it has been a typically smooth Debian upgrade.
    >
    > Your hard work is much appreciated.

    The quality of the packaging is shown in how easily they backport to
    Sarge, too. Just change the Requires: back in debian/control, bump the
    changelog and they work!

    ii kde-i18n-engb 3.3.2-2 British English (en_GB) internationalized (i
    ii kdeaddons 3.4.2-1njl.2 add-on plugins and applets provided with KDE
    ii kdeadmin 3.4.1-1 system adminstration tools from the official
    ii kdeartwork 3.4.1-1 themes, styles and more from the official KD
    ii kdebase 3.4.1-1 base components from the official KDE releas
    ii kdeedu 3.3.2-3 educational apps from the official KDE relea
    ii kdegames 3.4.1-1 KDE Games metapackage
    ii kdelibs 3.4.2-2njl.3 core libraries from the official KDE release
    ii kdemultimedia 3.4.1-1 multimedia apps from the official KDE releas
    ii kdenetwork 3.4.1-1 network-related apps from the official KDE r
    ii kdepim 3.4.1-1 KDE Personal Information Management metapack
    ii kdeprint 3.4.1-1 print system for KDE
    ii kdetoys 3.4.1-1 toys from the official KDE release
    ii kdeutils 3.4.1-1 general purpose utilities from the official
    ii kdewebdev 3.4.2-0njl.1 web development apps from the official KDE r

    Nick