Dear Kaffeine maintainer - Debian

This is a discussion on Dear Kaffeine maintainer - Debian ; Dear Kaffeine maintainer, Could you please provide with the info on availabality of the new Kaffeine package in Debian SID? Most of the KDE programms have already reacted to the C++ ABI transition. It would be nice to know how ...

  1. Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    Dear Kaffeine maintainer,

    Could you please provide with the info on availabality of the new Kaffeine package in Debian SID?

    Most of the KDE programms have already reacted to the C++ ABI transition. It would be nice to know how Kaffeine is doing right now instead of seeing the growing number of compile-yourself tips in the Debian mailing list.

    Thanks

  2. SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    > Fra: Žáček Kryštof [mailto:Krystof.Zacek@i.cz]
    >
    > Dear Kaffeine maintainer,
    >
    > Could you please provide with the info on availabality of the new
    > Kaffeine package in Debian SID?

    Last I heard (which was a few days ago) he is working on it, although real
    life stuff is hindering the process somewhat.

    Anders

  3. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    On Wednesday 14 September 2005 05:02 am, Anders E. Andersen wrote:
    > > Fra: Žáček Kryštof [mailto:Krystof.Zacek@i.cz]
    > >
    > > Dear Kaffeine maintainer,
    > >
    > > Could you please provide with the info on availabality of the new
    > > Kaffeine package in Debian SID?

    > Last I heard (which was a few days ago) he is working on it, although real
    > life stuff is hindering the process somewhat.

    Actually, kaffiene 0.7.1-1 was uploaded and has been in NEW[1] since
    ~2005-09-13 19:00 UTC (or 17 hours as of this mail).

    [1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

  4. SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    > Actually, kaffiene 0.7.1-1 was uploaded and has been in NEW[1] since
    > ~2005-09-13 19:00 UTC (or 17 hours as of this mail).

    I think Zack should receive lots of love now

    --
    Giacomo Lacava

  5. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    Anders E. Andersen wrote:
    >> Fra: Žáček Kryštof [mailto:Krystof.Zacek@i.cz]
    >>
    >> Dear Kaffeine maintainer,
    >>
    >> Could you please provide with the info on availabality of the new
    >> Kaffeine package in Debian SID?

    > Last I heard (which was a few days ago) he is working on it, although
    > real life stuff is hindering the process somewhat.

    Yeah, I am one-handed at the moment; I had to have surgery on my right
    (dominant) wrist, and I'm in a cast. I can type left-handed, but it's a
    little slow.

    Kaffeine 0.7.1 got uploaded yesterday. yay!

    Zack

  6. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    Am Mittwoch 14 September 2005 15:23 schrieb Zack Cerza:

    > Yeah, I am one-handed at the moment; I had to have surgery on my right
    > (dominant) wrist, and I'm in a cast. I can type left-handed, but it's a
    > little slow.
    >
    > Kaffeine 0.7.1 got uploaded yesterday. yay!

    Hello Zack,

    thank you very much for your efforts and all the best for your right
    wrist. May it heal nicely!

    Regards,

  7. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2005 15:23 schrieb Zack Cerza:
    > Kaffeine 0.7.1 got uploaded yesterday. yay!

    Hmm looks like ftp-master is not in a hurry. Can I download the i386 package
    somewhere when it's in the NEW queue?
    And why is it there, anyway (after all, it is not a new package)?

    HS

  8. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    * Hendrik Sattler [Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:11:23 +0200]:

    > Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2005 15:23 schrieb Zack Cerza:
    > > Kaffeine 0.7.1 got uploaded yesterday. yay!

    > Hmm looks like ftp-master is not in a hurry.

    Heh. You aware that it used to take weeks instead of days?? Now it's
    even only hours sometimes...

    > And why is it there, anyway (after all, it is not a new package)?

    No, but introduces new binaries (kaffeine-gstreamer, kaffeine-xine).

    BTW, it's in incoming.d.o now.

    --
    Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

    If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in
    despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the
    implacable grandeur of this life.
    -- Albert Camus

  9. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 11:50 schrieb Adeodato SimĂł:
    > > Hmm looks like ftp-master is not in a hurry.

    > Â* Heh. You aware that it used to take weeks instead of days?? Now it's
    > Â* even only hours sometimes...

    Ok, didn't know this. I thought that new package versions always go directly
    to incoming.d.o

    HS

  10. Re: SV: Dear Kaffeine maintainer

    On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 05:37:12PM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
    > Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 11:50 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
    > > > Hmm looks like ftp-master is not in a hurry.

    > > * Heh. You aware that it used to take weeks instead of days?? Now it's
    > > * even only hours sometimes...

    > Ok, didn't know this. I thought that new package versions always go directly
    > to incoming.d.o

    New package _versions_ go directly to incoming. Completely new
    packages (and kaffeine is NEW since it introduces new binary packages
    in the current release) need manual approval.

    Greetings
    Marc