utility for temperature - Debian

This is a discussion on utility for temperature - Debian ; Hello actually i take control of proc temperature via the following command :~$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature but i'd like to ask if there exists some X utility to do this in KDE, by some other program which uses that command or ...

  1. utility for temperature

    Hello
    actually i take control of proc temperature via the following command

    :~$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature

    but i'd like to ask if there exists some X utility to do this in KDE,
    by some other program which uses that command or something similar...
    i know something like ktemperature but i would like to know if there
    is something achievable via apt

    bye
    thanks
    --
    roberto
    debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

    --
    roberto
    debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

    --
    roberto
    debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

  2. Re: utility for temperature

    ksensors...? there's also a famous gnome utility but I can't remember the name.

    --
    Giacomo Lacava

  3. Re: utility for temperature

    Try with Karamba or SuperKaramba with an appropriate plugin.
    Look at http://netdragon.sourceforge.net/sdownload.html and
    http://www.kdelook.org for the plugins.
    Bye

    roberto ha scritto:

    >Hello
    >actually i take control of proc temperature via the following command
    >
    >:~$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
    >
    >but i'd like to ask if there exists some X utility to do this in KDE,
    >by some other program which uses that command or something similar...
    >i know something like ktemperature but i would like to know if there
    >is something achievable via apt
    >
    >bye
    >thanks
    >--
    >roberto
    >debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8
    >

    >--
    >roberto
    >debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8

  4. Re: utility for temperature

    On Wednesday 07 September 2005 13:47, Giacomo Lacava wrote:
    > ksensors...? there's also a famous gnome utility but I can't remember the
    > name.

    gkrellm?

    Cheers,
    Kevin

  5. Re: utility for temperature

    > gkrellm?

    yeah... no wonder I couldn't remember it

    btw, don't go with Karamba or SuperKaramba if your machine is not up
    for some serious stress. My Celeron 2.6Ghz laptop running Sid chokes
    every time I even _mention_ SK; maybe it's because living without DRI
    sucks... but maybe too much (eye)candy is bad for your health.

    cheers
    Giacomo

+ Reply to Thread