mouse cursor - Debian

This is a discussion on mouse cursor - Debian ; After uninstalling gnome the default white mouse cursor disappeared and now the cursor's color is black (the classic X-style cursor). How can I bring the white cursor back without installing gnome? Thanks in advance! -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...

  1. mouse cursor

    After uninstalling gnome the default white mouse cursor disappeared and now
    the cursor's color is black (the classic X-style cursor). How can I bring the
    white cursor back without installing gnome?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: mouse cursor

    Hi Serja,

    Serja wrote:
    > After uninstalling gnome the default white mouse cursor disappeared and now
    > the cursor's color is black (the classic X-style cursor). How can I bring the
    > white cursor back without installing gnome?

    I do not know what the default gnome cursor theme is, but you could try
    to install one of the following packages and see if you like the style:

    crystalcursors (has a white style and some other colors)
    artwiz-cursor (black and somewhat futuristic)
    big-cursor (I have never tried this one)

    Personally, I like the white crystalcursors theme very much.

    http://www.kde-look.org/ has more X11 mouse cursor themes available.

    Regards,
    Florian

  3. Re: mouse cursor

    El Miťrcoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 06:48, Serja escribiů:
    > After uninstalling gnome the default white mouse cursor disappeared and now
    > the cursor's color is black (the classic X-style cursor). How can I bring
    > the white cursor back without installing gnome?
    > Thanks in advance!

    apt-get install gtk2-engines-industrial

    Perhaps this is not the right list for this question...

    --
    ____________________

    AdriŠn Santos Marrero [aka Lagoon]
    GnuPG KeyID: F759B895

    http://www.gulic.org/

    Linux User #258115
    Machine Registration Number: #169709
    Debian GNU/Linux unstable/experimental 2.6.12.3
    ____________________

  4. Re: mouse cursor

    > apt-get install gtk2-engines-industrial
    Thanks.
    > Perhaps this is not the right list for this question...

    Why? I've uninstalled gnome, but has KDE installed and as I know this is
    mailing list for KDE users.

    > El Miércoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 06:48, Serja escribió:
    > > After uninstalling gnome the default white mouse cursor disappeared and
    > > now the cursor's color is black (the classic X-style cursor). How can I
    > > bring the white cursor back without installing gnome?
    > > Thanks in advance!

    > apt-get install gtk2-engines-industrial
    >
    > Perhaps this is not the right list for this question...

  5. Re: mouse cursor

    El Miércoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 12:47, Serja escribió:
    > > apt-get install gtk2-engines-industrial

    > Thanks.
    >
    > > Perhaps this is not the right list for this question...

    > Why? I've uninstalled gnome, but has KDE installed and as I know this is
    > mailing list for KDE users.

    Because this is a gnome related package... Maybe you can get more information
    in the proper list.

    --
    ____________________

    Adri√°n Santos Marrero [aka Lagoon]
    GnuPG KeyID: F759B895

    http://www.gulic.org/

    Linux User #258115
    Machine Registration Number: #169709
    Debian GNU/Linux unstable/experimental 2.6.12.3
    ____________________

  6. Re: mouse cursor

    > Because this is a gnome related package... Maybe you can get more
    > information in the proper list.

    Thanks for the help again, but please stop talking nonsence.
    Or are you the moderator of this list?
    This is mailing list and not a forum at forumplanet when everybody looking for
    to attack somebody.

    > El Miércoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 12:47, Serja escribió:
    > > > apt-get install gtk2-engines-industrial

    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > > Perhaps this is not the right list for this question...

    > > Why? I've uninstalled gnome, but has KDE installed and as I know this is
    > > mailing list for KDE users.

    > Because this is a gnome related package... Maybe you can get more
    > information in the proper list.

+ Reply to Thread