bringing up Xwindows - Debian

This is a discussion on bringing up Xwindows - Debian ; wquld someone please point me to an explanation of what files and how xwindows starts and selects the desktop and windows manager. in know it used to be in startx, but all that has changed. thenks and Peace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ed Edward M ...

  1. bringing up Xwindows

    wquld someone please point me to an explanation of what files and how
    xwindows starts and selects the desktop and windows manager.

    in know it used to be in startx, but all that has changed.

    thenks and Peace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ed

    Edward M Dunagin
    514 Sanders Ave
    Bozeman, MT 59718
    406.555-7282
    Skype-phone +1 406 662 0179

  2. Re: bringing up Xwindows

    Edward Dunagin wrote:

    > wquld someone please point me to an explanation of what files and how
    > xwindows starts and selects the desktop and windows manager.
    >
    > in know it used to be in startx, but all that has changed.
    >
    > thenks and Peace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ed
    >
    > Edward M Dunagin
    > 514 Sanders Ave
    > Bozeman, MT 59718
    > 406.555-7282
    > Skype-phone +1 406 662 0179
    >

    > __________________________________________________ __
    > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    Well this being a kde group and all, I suppose you should invoke: kdm
    For a one off party do: /etc/init.d/kdm start
    For a more permanent solution create a symlink to /etc/init.d/kdm, in
    a /etc/rcX.d of your choice.

    Jan
    --
    ** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
    ** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g

  3. Re: bringing up Xwindows

    thanks jan, that exactly what i needed.